Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

yo...
    does any1 know how to export 4/3/2 etc... colour seperations for the printers? like in a few .tif files or something like that from xarax?

yo...
    does any1 know how to export 4/3/2 etc... colour seperations for the printers? like in a few .tif files or something like that from xarax?

As far as I know, Xara gives no control over GCR or UCR at all. So you don't WANT to do seps in Xara.

In fact, I don't think you want to do seps at all. Let your service bureau or printer do them, because so much can go wrong, you don't need the blame.

Let me repeat that: SO MUCH CAN GO WRONG !!!

Rgds,,,Tad... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Right, XaraX gives no control over GCR or UCR - which means that it is TOTALLY useless to do seps with - in fact, it's dangerous to both your reputatation and your wallet! Xara should EITHER vamp up the seps controls to professional level (verrry harrrrrd to do) - or just remove the current pseudo-seps function completely. My vote goes to the last: Xara's programming efforts are sorely needed in more important areas.

K
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

If you are not interested in PHOTO separations, but rather LITHOGRAPHIC (traditional - like stone) separations, Xara could be an excellent way to do them.

I am not worth squat at such things because it takes a bit of training and practice, but it goes like this: You and your "fine art" litho person decide how many colors and which inks to use (say 17). Then you do 17 B&W (read greyscale) DRAWINGS of your image with perfect registration. Each drawing represents one color. How one trains their eye to SEE in this manner is beyond me, but some people have a knack. Once the drawings are done, the negs (or positives) are made, the plates, usually aluminum, are exposed and the colors laid down one at a time in perfect registration.

Xara makes perfect registration easy. Plus, Xara's fabulous transparency possibilities can make doing greyscale drawings easier than pencil on mylar/acetate.

ANYONE TRY THIS YET ????

Wondering,,,Tad.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

ps. You on the Res?....t

mmmmm........ ok thanks 4 the advice... any1 know of any good xara acceptng printers in the uk who can deal with all the plate stuff?... the 17 greyscale stuff seems a bit difficult...

tad... u got any examples of the greyscale stuff u were talking about that u can put up here man?... thanks

[bug]
    I'll ask one of the artists I know who use this technique if I can post one of his images with at least some of the seps so people get the idea.

Will take some time to do scanning, etc. so if this topic sinks out of sight (things happen fast here) don't think I've forgotten. I will get back with info because this could be a significant use of Xara.

Regards,,,Tad