Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I admit, my knowledge of celshaded plugin renderers is mostly limited to LightWave, however, I'll post links to what I've found.

B.E.S.M. -- Big Eyes Small Mouth This celshader was originally developed for LightWave, but recently they released the code as open source. Anyone can download the source code and develop it as they see fit (very kind of the author).

UnReal Extreme - Celshader Another LW plugin. This website is in Japanese, so if you can't translate it (I can't!) then it may be hard to navigate.

Illustrate 2.0 Celshader This one isn't free. It's also for 3ds max.

I've tried finding some for Cinema 4D. From what I hear there aren't a whole lot available. Some are in development, though. However, Cinema 4D does come with some good built-in support (again, this is what I've heard - since I've only used the demo, I can't speak from experience). Here's the link to a thread at CGTalk which is about Cinema 4D's cel shading capabilities. CGTalk Thread about Cel rendering in Cinema 4D

From experience, I've only used LightWave's built in celshaders (SuperCelShader and BESM). That, and SketchUp. It's hard to find a shader that's universal to many applications. That's why it's so exciting to watch what they did in those videos from their research. It seems very hopeful that the solution they're researching will become a shader that can be used with any application.

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

thanks for the info. However, I'm running C4D, so none of them will work except the built-in cartoon stuff.

So I'll wait for a universal app like Piranesi (which is far too expensive...)

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hi Earl... haha, Stu just pointed this thread out to me... great stuff...

and yes guest, supposedly Carrara, of all apps, does wonders in this area... though I should point out that at the time of posting this I will be durned if I personaly can get any results like some of what I have seen elswhere's...

gidgit edits... whoa... I was using the toonshaders in Carrara v2... no wonder... Carrara version 3 has the real goods on this one folks... I mean brushes and everything..

[This message was edited by gidgit on November 13, 2003 at 00:41.]

Wow..good stuff...I read the PDF but I'm having trouble looking at the .avi files..

I'm running Win98 (not 98SE) and it crashes when I try to open it. My son (a true geek) tried viewing it on my linux box (RedHat 9) with no luck as well. Any advice?

My wmplayer is 7.01 (latest) and can't be updated to 9 because I'm running Win98. Is that the problem, is there another media player I can use?

Bob C.

try this download for the free standard DivX codec...

http://download.divx.com/divx/DivX511Bundle.exe

I use it on Win98, and am able to view the vids just fine

Hi gidgit,

That worked very well thanks!

Will this program (NPR technique) be able to use a model made in Wings3D? Looks very interesting.

Bob C.