Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Nice animation, David! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

It's not the tables, it's what you put in them and, so long as the forum software keeps forcing reloads of everything you've seen before, people are going to get frustrated. Apart from that it's not too bad, except that the post timings in the forum indexes seem to have gone haywire tonight (has anyone else noticed?). [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

... I can't say anything bad about these crazy Canucks. They let me live here.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

Thanks Pete

hmmm .... I suddenly have a craving for those maple-leaf shaped cookies with maple flavoured icing betweenst the cookie parts ... must be time to make supper [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

David K

Xara X (a British software) is sold to Canadians too and they contribute to this forum like anyone else. We all try to become better at using our favorite program and in doing so there are no British, Canadians etc but "Xarans".

As to the main question (facelift/makeover): As Tad says this forum is TERRIFIC (one has but to visit another to find that out). I think the content is good (its spirit) and I am little concerned if its material body (the practical application) is like this or like that.

You cannot access the forums on a public-access computer without flash installed if you go to www.talkgraphics.com (ie there are no text links). Public-access computers don't generally let you install or tinker with anything (so Flash couldn't be installed).

Of course I could have gone to www.talkgraphics.infopop.net and everything would have been puppy dog and roses, but I didn't think of it at the time (and how many of you would have thought to do that). I emailed webmaster@talkgraphics.com several months ago but no progress was made, so I just ignored it for the mean time.

Yes, Flash is installed in 95% of computers (or whatever the number is) but there are still 5% to account for, and the machine I was on just happened to be in that 5%. (If 5% seems insignigicant, the Macintosh install base is about 5%)
    creativesuperhero.ca

I'd like to second the request for links to the individual pages of multipage threads out on the main page. I think this is possible with infopop. I've seen it on other sites (i.e. were-here.com)

Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }
    Marcus Geduld
    { email me } { visit me }

My favorite forum format is Delphi. It is really cool. You can have chat, and you really can get around a lot better in it. Couple of drawbacks, they don't have these cool emoticons.....and they are experimenting with premium services. I signed up for premium simply because I always think people who work hard and deliver a useful service deserve to be paid. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

If you haven't already visited, go try it out. I have a couple of lame forums going...but you can search for forums of interest to you. If you don't find one, start your own.

www.delphi.com [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Ain't life a kick?

We keep sending my English mother-in-law "over ome" but she keeps comin' back [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] Oh, OH!... here she comes... RUNNN!

As for the forums?... I've got no complaints. Maybe there's some room for improvements in the structure but the content is Number 1. Thanks eh?
    --
    Phillip

Should have said this before, but I third Dmagician and Marcus!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

I'm on two other forums they give an option when you post a subject or reply to be notified by e-mail if someone responds to it. Things sometimes get heavy and fast around here and it's hard to keep up. The yellow light should show topics posted you haven't read, not posted since your last visit.

Oh, yeah I also vote to be able to pick which page of a long post to go to especially since most of them have lots of graphics.

Judi