Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Yes, she is a poster--house-door sized, so the actual image is huge. This is a photo of it I cut down in size. The white areas are due in part to the irridescent paints which left a shine also on the paper I painted it on...she has an unusal history in coming into being too...
    While living in NY in an apt. complex neighbors nearby got into a big beef about various things and it was getting ugly. I don't even really know what it was all about, but I woke up with this idea to paint this angel and couldn't get it off my mind. I drove to NJ to Pearl Arts and Crafts, a huge place I could spend hours in, and found this 4 ftx 30 ft roll of white heavy drawing and watercolor paper and took it home. I cut out a huge door-sized sheet, taped it to a wall and painted this angel out in a day. I put her up in the apt. hall where the "combatants" would see her---and they did---and they stopped their fighting... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] .
    ---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angel2x5.JPG 
Views:	358 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	4336  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

As if the uniquely supportive and creative artistic aspect of this forum were not enough, we also get all these heart-warming stories of people reuniting with their mothers, making the most of their relationships while they can, the equal validity of non-conventional lifestyles and belief systems, angels stepping in to bring peace where there is strife -- what a place!! It's like Chicken Soup for the Xartist's Soul!

Thanks for the breaths of fresh air. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

G.
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

You are a marvelous artist!

Jack

I certainly agree with Jack's comments about your artistic skill, this is beautiful work.

I also find interesting the image of the Angel, lion, lamb and the theme of Prince of Peace quelled the fighting. It has been my personal experience too!

How many hours did it take you to paint this "in a day" image?

Bob C.

You're too kind [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] !!!!! Thanks [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] !

Glen--Yes, this is a great group of people, I think it is always rewarding to stop in and listen and see what people are saying and discovering!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff--It sounded like you really had your work "cut out for you" (sorry, couldn't resist [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ) last eve!!!

Bob C.--Thank you as well!!! This door-sized poster just had to be done--I don't know how to describe to you what I was feeling, that I was "driven" to complete it as quickly as possible, I just felt it was very very urgent and was more important than anything else to do at the time. I didn't clock the time to complete it, but it was an all day and all evening till about midnight session. I snacked on crackers and soda and just painted like mad. Felt like there was no time to waste and I could not stop until it was done!

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

You are an angel!! You painted your angelic self and the anger and fights subsided. What does that tell you, dear? The fact that you could whip that together so fast, you must have been driven by some divine power. Believe me peace of mind and spirit is a sure way to connect with that higher power when we really need relief. Looks like you connecte REALLY well. Not to mention that your higher self is very fortunate to be linked with such an amazing artist, made the peace easier to achieve. Amazing and beautiful work, Maya...........

Well, back to work.

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Well....all I can say is she somehow really got their attention, they had to look at her, and they clearly "got the message"....yes, it was a major relief, and I just felt content after that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] .

We may get snow here tomorrow, so gotta get busy!
    Have a great day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] !

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

Got to playing with cloud-like textures--thought about the wings again and this appeared.

Really liked your 2D image in the other thread too!

---As The Crow Flies---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cloudangel2.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	14331  
    -Mark Twain

Hi Maya,

Both of your angels are beautiful. You have great skill with brush/paint and Xara X.

Thanks for showing us your art.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

This thread has been a fantastic read. So many ideas, suggestions, and emotions. Great feathers and the work evolving. Xarians helping Xarians.
    This is the way a forum should be. Thanks for sharing your work, suggestions, lives. Neil