Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate clipart

We used to get Benny Hill and Monty Python here.
    I also used to watch second city tv, or what ever that show was with the Makenzie brothers. They were great along with John Candy and celebrity blow up !

So what does american clip art look like?
    White House, Ben Franklin, Liberety Bell, Statue of Liberty, etc. etc.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

The UK also gave us the Teletubbies. We dare not forget them. La-la is my favorite.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

We get quite a few British Shows in the US. Mystery, Poirot and Keeping up Appearences are among my favorites. I used to love Absolutely Fablous too.

I alway wonder though, how old the shows we get are?

Judi
    P.S. Loved Benny Hill!!!!

Keeping up Appearences is one of my favourite situation comedies. Patrica Rutledge reminds me so much of my late Mum.
    They are just releasing a new series of Ab Fab after a 15 year break (I believe) in production.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I think the last series was only five or six years ago. Very welcome nonetheless.

Mike Engles

I wrote above that when I found my piece of the London Bridge I would scan it in. It measures about 1.5" x 4" x 0.75" and is granite. I don't know what part of the old bridge it is. Hopefully it isn't part of a keystone! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	londonbridge.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	13589  

Hi Ross
    I guess that is one piece that we don't have in Arizona. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

The story has it that the guy that bought London Bridge thought he was getting tower bridge...
    The London Bridge that was demolished wasn't that old, 1920's if I recall.
    I agree with Eric. Most clip art is associated with large American corporations and shows their view of the world. i.e. stereotypical

Tony
    Tony

My piece of granite is many millions of years old [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

Egg, if you really like Patricia Routledge in "Keeping Up Appearances," you'll be pleased to know she is an excellent, classically trained, singer with a marvelous voice. We have a KCET store (our local PBS) that sells VHS tapes and DVD's of all of their shows. We also have a program here in LA called "Classical Arts Showcase" that runs midnight to 6:00 a.m. They feature shorts from all areas of the arts: dance, opera, Broadway, television like old Ed Sullivan guests, excerpts from movies, etc., and they showed one of her performances. After hearing her "real" voice, her tone-deaf singing on "Keeping Up Appearances" is truly a great bit of acting!

"As Time Goes By" with Dame Judith Dench is also a winner. Unfortunately, two other great shows, "No, Honestly" and "Duck Patrol" were short-lived and only filmed four to seven episodes, so they came and went very quickly.

What I appreciate about the Brit-Coms is the actors total lack of inhibition about looking foolish. American actors THINK they're uninhibited, but you always get the impression they're very concerned that their make-up is not smeared! (Hehehehe...can you tell I'm a bit of an anglophile about this subject?