Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roadster WIP

haha, I went for a walk and thought about it, came back and ommitted the trueSpace part... only to find you had already replied there Gare...

ya know what... I have trueSpace 3 on my machine, and use it pretty much as a direct replacement for the renderer in Wings3D... never goes any further in that app re modeling or textures carried over to C4D or what have ya... just find it handy to check out soft and hard edges through the paint tool... that one tool is by far my favorite in tS... great preview render app... something about this little but mighty in it's day app which keeps ya coming back though... but...

yea, technology decides break off points through new inovative methodology allowing for more to be done quicker and easier... and that's a cool thing, just hard to keep up to at the best of times... why it is good to have a wide variety of feedback on these matters

In my mind what is important when learning this stuff is... how many tools does the app have and how many and which do I need?

will the app(s) take us to the next stage or will we have to retrain our minds with a ton of new icons... this is where the text menu's come in... you are only storing the functions in your mind as in apposed to the functions plus their icon... so when it comes time to learn a new app you have gained the most from the least which delivered the most... towards what you were attempting to learn...or something like that...

[This message was edited by gidgit on April 30, 2003 at 12:09.]

so anyway, this leads off to how things are handled between each alternative set of apps to go from modeling what ever, to texturing and UV mapping... on and on...

how do the various apps handle these tasks?

Say for instance, which formats work better in Vue, or tS, or Carrara, or C4D, or Maya, or even ZBrush, and why? How are things handled? What are the Gui's like, and how do they allow for workflow to comeabout... What are the break off points re tools and what they will allow for...Are the results comparable in any way?

haha, things to consider eh?

anyways, great stuff Paul... looking forward to seeing this baby all a gleaming

uh, one question before I go Paul... what kind of machine do you work on... power wise and vcard wise more than anything...?

[This message was edited by gidgit on April 30, 2003 at 12:57.]

Gare - As Gidgit pointed out, Wings is mainly a modeller without "quality" rendering. There are some plugins for rendering with Yafray and Blender. The rendering in Wings is just for previews. Vue d'Esprit on the other hand is a very good renderer (not only for landscapes). Since I am not only into 3D art I haven't bought any other 3D apps than Vue (I tried Bryce but the GUI was too complicated compared with Vue). So Vue is my allround renderer when it comes to 3D.

Gidgit - at work I have a AMD 800 MHz with 256 MB RAM and a Matrox G450 graphics card, and at home a AMD 1000 MHz with 512 MB RAM and a GeForce4 Ti4200

-Paul
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

haha, I knew you had to have some power there to render with Vue... My little rig just doesn't handle the big toys too well Then again neither do I so it is a match

Thanx for the info Paul... and keep pushing those poly's around eh.... looking forward to the next

happy creat'n all