Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Exporting image

Hi all.
    Does someone know why when exporting image (with or without slices) Xara X usually change the size of the image (usually + one pixel)?
    Thx.

Hi all.
    Does someone know why when exporting image (with or without slices) Xara X usually change the size of the image (usually + one pixel)?
    Thx.

The first thing is to check exactly what the image size is before you export. Within Xara, it's possible to create images which have dimensions of, say, 120.3 pixesl ..... but when you export them, they must be a whole number of pixels (you can't have a 0.3 of a pixel in a bitmap).

Xara rounds up or down your image size, I find, quite sensibly. 120.49 is rounded down to 120 and 120.5 is rounded up to 121.

See the attached image for another quick pointer - the line width plays a part in how large your exported image will be. I drew a basic 122x42 pixel rectangle, but with black line around the edge it grew to 122.7x42.7 (which turns into 123x43 when exporting as a GIF). These measurements are highligted in yellow in the image below.

Finally, you can be absolutely precise and align your image to the co-ordinates in Xara (the first snapshot in the attachment is at (144.1),(411.2) on the X,Y co-ordinates. 140,411 would give you absoultely predictable results - especially important for things like Sean Sedward's excellent fonts (they used to be at http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html but I can't see them anymore).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xaraatt.gif 
Views:	263 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	15409