Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Printer querrie

Hi folks I realise that this is probably not the correct forum for such a question But given the wealth of knowledge here I'm sure someone has the answer
    Problem ---I am trying to find a printer or Software that will allow me to print on one side and allow me to line up side A with Side B directly on the reverse side see Example below

On the top left hand side of the page draw a small box. Open another page and copy that box in exactly the position i.e. top left/H corner and
    insert text into it OK Now print off the first page then turn it over and
    print the second page so that the text lines up exactly behind the square.
    I did have an old Epson that would allow this bit according to Epson that was a fault as it should of printed in a mirror image and Sadly I deleted it thinking things would be quicker and better .
    You never know what you miss untill you don't have them aye ?
    Many thanks
    Hamish

I have a HP Deskjet 970Cxi that has the capability to print on both sides of the page. (HP has many inkjet printers that can do this).

I use it primarily for Christmas cards and it works very well. It prints on one side, draws the paper back into the printer and then somehow manages to print on the other side. It is all very magical.

You need your document to have two pages which is not something that I think Xara can do. But after saying this I wonder if one used the facing pages option if that would work? I'll have to try this out.

I have been using CorelDRAW to do this as it supports multiple pages.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Create your box on the first page in layer 1.Then add another layer and create the box with text in it exactly opposite the first box.Turn off layer 2 and print the first page.Turn on layer 2 and layer 1 off, turn the page over and print.
    I think this is what you are wanting.

Mike

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=6141984725

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary W. Priester:

You need your document to have two pages which is not something that I think Xara can do. But after saying this I wonder if one used the facing pages option if that would work? I'll have to try this out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use this page option and get 2 pages which my printer at work duplexes (prints both sides)

Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doublepage.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	16941  
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

use 'FinePrint'

http://www.fineprint.com/

the options are endless, even duplex printing over long or short sides, watermarks (made very easy for the user) etc

check it out and you'll love it

here we go with a short info on their web site:

FinePrint Overview
    FinePrint is a Windows printer driver that provides advanced printing capability. Among its features are:

print 2, 4, or 8 pages on a single sheet
    double sided printing, booklets
    universal print preview
    page deletion and insertion
    ability to combine multiple print jobs into a single job
    save to bmp, tiff, emf and jpeg formats
    watermarks, headers, footers
    superimpose on custom electronic letterhead

More details are available on our benefits page.

--------------------//--

jens g.r. benthien
    designer
    http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
    If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
    ----------//--
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Well I knew there was more than one way to skin a cat--But this many,!! I have spent weeks running round Auckland Faxing off stuff and phoning, and all I got from Canon and Epson was that it couldn't be done and over night it is solved here thanks everyone,
    I haven't looked at HP as friends tell me to stay clear of it --Wrong advice ??
    Yes Gary what I am doing sounds similar to the printing of Xmas cards. -- I have one page with 4 squares on it that form the outside front and back of two brochures. On another page have the corresponding format for the inside.
    Also i used to be able to print labels done in XaraX in the form of a leaf that opened out and had the front and back of 6 leaves to each page All worked perfectly before. I think I just need a way of switching the mirror imaging off perhaps

Thank you again, Will download Fineprint over the weekend Jen

Regards
    Hamish

I tried setting up a folding card using the Double Page Spread option (Utilities > Options... Page) and printed two sides with my HP DeskJet 970 Cxi printer.

It works?

The right facing page prints upside down and so you need to work a bit to get the two pages to register, but it can be done!

My solution is to create the two pages on two different layers but on the same page to make sure the things that need to register, register.

Place a rectangle the same size as the page on each page.

Take one of the pages and place it on the facing page and alight it to the page outline. Then rotate it 180 degrees.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone