Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Is it possible to import a text graphic - say composed in SuperBladePro - into 3XD and if so, how is it done.

Is it possible to import a text graphic - say composed in SuperBladePro - into 3XD and if so, how is it done.

I don't know SuperBladePro but basically to import a shape into Xara3D it has to be a vector object. After that you can apply a bitmap texture onto it. So provided you have the font in which you created the text graphic from, try typing it in and then apply the text graphic produced in SuperBladePro as Text Texture.
    Other than this, please supply some further information.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for your imput. I was trying to create a text graphic in one program and import it into 3XD5.(As is) This does not appear to be possible and using it as a text texture does not give the same result. I would very much appreciate you elaborating on "basically to import a shape into Xara3D it has to be a vector object." How do you achieve this. In simple terms, how do you create and save a vector object.

Sorry for the delay. I've created a mini tut on vector / bitmap differences. (Xara3d's text is vector by the way) See below. To create more complicated vector shapes for import into Xara3d, XaraX is a great prog. Try the 1 months free full trial version downloadeable from www.xara.com
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!2a_1.png 
Views:	544 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	17560  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Name:	!2a_2.png 
Views:	564 
Size:	23.4 KB 
ID:	17930  
    Egg

Name:	!2a_3.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	12165  
    Egg

Thanks Egg for the detailed explanation which I am sure will prove useful to more readers than myself.
    Paddy

Nicely drawn and described, Egg! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?