Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would second Juan in that I find it very useful to be able to email some of the writers in this forum, sometimes with really stupid questions on topics they have covered in depth, yet for some inexplicable reason have not sunk in.

Lets face it - it does ones street cred no good at all appearing to be a complete plank, so an email address for a forum member at least allows you to limit any adverse public impressions [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Personally I have never found any disadvantage in publishing my email address, especially in a forum like this where I think it is safe to assume a degree of maturity is held by the members. I agree sometimes companies get hold of your email address and that can be a bit of a pain, but then there are anti spam measures you can take as suggested I think on the profiles page of this forum. (goes off and has a look ..... and yes, its there!).

The ultimate cure should your email address fall into the hands of an intollerable pest, is to change it. Most ISPs permit many email addresses and I have never found changing too much of a problem. Easier to change than moving house if your home address gets into the wrong hands [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gosh - wandered a bit off topic here - never mind, you are now at least 30 seconds closer to receiving your Xara CDs [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Alan

[This message was edited by Alan R on October 01, 2001 at 10:07.]

[This message was edited by Alan R on October 01, 2001 at 10:37.]
    Alan

I'm sorry.....I was just being overly paranoid about the e-mail address. Looking back at it, it seems pretty silly, especially since my real name is so close to my user name. *VBG*

My e-mail address is kim@mykeyboard.com . I also added it to my profile so it's available if anyone needs to contact me.

Sorry to be such a pain about it. Thanks for your help. I truly appreciate it! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kim

[This message was edited by Kimi on October 01, 2001 at 12:08.]

[This message was edited by Kimi on October 01, 2001 at 12:24.]

Today I received an e-mail from both Kate and Barbara...to let me know that my Xara Webstyle 2 and Xara X CDs are on their way! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kim

Hi Kim,

I received my Webstyle 2 CD today. It was postmarked 9-13-01, so it took 19 days for it to arrive here in Tennessee.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for the info. I'll just try my best to be patient and wait for my WebStyle 2 CD to arrive. From what Kate and Barbara told me, the WebStyle CD was sent out late last week, and my Xara X CD was sent out Monday of this week. Also, Kate mentioned that the USPS wasn't accepting US bound deliveries for awhile, which caused a further delay in shipment.

I'm just happy both CDs are on their way. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kim

My Xara X CD arrived today! I was a little surprised it got here before Xara Webstyle 2, as the latter was sent out first. I'm just happy it's here. The Webstyle 2 CD shouldn't be far behind as it was shipped out at the end of last week. I'm also interested to see if the CD version of Xara X solves some of the issues I found in the downloaded version of the program. Only time will tell, I guess.

BTW, today felt kind of like Christmas for me. Not only did I receive the Xara X CD, but also the PSP7 Anniversary Edition CD and the Animation Factory CDs I ordered.

Looks like I'm going to have great fun will all my new toys. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kim

Earlier today I finally received the Xara Webstyle 2 CD in the mail. I installed it and it looks great! Already got my Xara X CD last week, and it is wonderful, but of course, that goes without saying. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kim

Hello everybody!!!
    I am very happy because I received the Webstyle 2 CD today!! Xara told me that they sent me on September 25 (the same day I ordered) but on the envelope I can read it was shipped on October 3.
    I live in Paraguay, South America.

--