Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I recently purchased Xara X, and am waiting for the CD. I know it will probably take awhile to arrive, but I do have a concern. On September 15 I ordered Xara Webstyle 2. In the past, I have always received my Xara software promptly. However, it has been more than two weeks and I have not as of yet received the Webstyle 2 CD. I have tried several times to e-mail both sales@xara.com and xaraclub@xara.com (and even Kate Moir), but have received no response. Should I worry? *VBG*

I recently purchased Xara X, and am waiting for the CD. I know it will probably take awhile to arrive, but I do have a concern. On September 15 I ordered Xara Webstyle 2. In the past, I have always received my Xara software promptly. However, it has been more than two weeks and I have not as of yet received the Webstyle 2 CD. I have tried several times to e-mail both sales@xara.com and xaraclub@xara.com (and even Kate Moir), but have received no response. Should I worry? *VBG*

on exactly where you are on this planet. I have no clue as to whether you are 50 or 500 miles from Xara Ltd. Post seems to vary inconsistently and distance is no help.

Personally I would not worry. Of the 2 possible causes for the delay - I would at the moment be blaming the post office. I have more faith in Xara Ltd than the post office.

Doesn't the unlocked version of Xara run for 8 weeks or so? In which case there is still quite some time to go. Hope this helps calm you for the moment.

So where are you? Sussex or Saudi Arabia, Gloucester of Guatemala? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Alan
    Alan

Thank you for your reply. I live in Florida, USA. I figure that simply because I'm so far away from the UK, that there naturally would be a delay in shipping...except for the fact that the last CD I received from Xara (Xara 3D 4) took a very short time to reach me after I placed my order. I cannot remember how long previous CDs before that took. Maybe that one was a fluke. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

The thing that has me wondering is why Xara hasn't responded to any of my e-mails. In the past, they've always been good about responding, so I haven't a clue as to why I haven't heard from them.

Kimi

Normally I believe Xara say to allow some 30 days for the arrival of the CDs so you'll have to be patient a little longer. At least that's what I reckon. Could be many reasons why Xara haven't responded to your emails and the time you've allowed up to now could be one of them - it is only two weeks so far.

For what its worth I would suggest you leave it another couple of weeks and if you still haven't received your CDs after 30 days, then give 'em another yell - I suspect they're more likely to respond to you then.

Just a thought.

Tracey

I bought Webstyle 2 on September 25 th .
    When should I receive the cd? Does Xara Ltd ship the cd immediatly when you buy?
    I received Xara 3d in 10 days and Webstyle 2 in 15 days.
    I live in Paraguay, South America
    Regards!
    Jua Gabriel

--

I ordered XaraX end of August, received the CD mid September. I live about 50 miles from Xara Ltd. Therefore:

1. They do not ship the CD immediately. It has to be custom labelled with your name and code, so it isn't simply a case of having them all pre-packaged and just sticking on an address label, they must all be "custom packed".

2. Give them about two weeks to label your CD and put it in the post, then another week or more for it cross the Pond.

3. You have to ask yourself whether 'packages' entering the US aren't subject to more thorough examinations these days, and that may affect delivery.

This is just my opinion based on experience.

Cheers,

Nick Wilkinson.
    IsoCalc.com
    Nick Wilkinson.
    IsoCalc.com

Hello Kimi!
    I bought Webstyle 2 on september 25 th
    I wrote an email to xaraclub, but they didn't answer me yet.
    Here is the answer of Xara club on September 20
    We received the cd's of Webstyle on the 11th September from the duplicators
    and they started shipping immediately.

All Webstyle cd's have now been despatched, please give a few more days.
    Due to the appalling tragedies in America the postal system is bound to be
    delayed.

We apologise sincerely for the delay, and thank you for your patience.

Sincerely

Barbara

You can help me to respond quickly by including all previous emails in your

What's your email Kimi?

--

Thank you so much for your reply. I have two e-mail addresses. One I use for general posting online and in newsgroups, and one personal address in which I use my full real name. The latter is the one I used to register Xara WebStyle 2 and Xara X. Unfortunately, I do not feel comfortable posting that particular e-mail address in any forum.

By the way, is the last posting from Juan or Barbara? I gathered that Juan was posting a letter he received from Xara, written by Barbara. Am I right? If so, how would my e-mail address be helpful? If it speeds up the shipping of my Xara CDs, I'd be happy to post the one address, but unfortunately not the other. I hope you understand.

Thanks for your help. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Kim

Hello Kimi!
    You are right, it is the answer written by Barbara (Xaraclub)
    I want to know your email to contact you (if you want to)
    Why don't you want people to know your real name?
    Regards

--