Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi Folks,
    i would like to talk about Tiff export again. Many thanks to the people that soported my Poll from october 28. I wrote a mail to Xara about eps export problems and cmyk-tiff export and that´s what Mark told me:
    ------------------------------------------
    We will fix the EPS problems, but the CMYK TIFF may not be fixed quite so quickly.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Project Manager
    Xara Ltd
    But i think Eps-Export will loose a lot of the good futures of XaraX so i was looking for a way to come arround with the problem.
    Here is what y find out:

Export your work as tiff (with "show printer colors" in "off") in 300 DPI. You have to make some changes to the COLOR SETTINGS in Photoshop (5.5) PROFILE SETUP: everything in: "none" and "ignore" CMYK SETUP:/ICC activated/PROFILE:Adobe Illustrator default.
    /ENGINE:Built in./INTENT:Perceptual or other.
    Now import your Tiff-Image and convert to CMYK-Color. This comes quite near to the XaraX values. If you will make it even better select the
    IMAGE/ADJUST/CHANNELMIXER future and adjust each color apart, checking the % values in the INFO- Window. Save your settings for future use.
    My attachment cmyk_rgb.web file will make it easier for. Convert this file to Tiff and import it to Photoshop.
    There is another trick too!
    Export your artwork as .png file with alphachannel from a white background in XaraX (whole or separated) and put it all together in another program that supports Tiff-cmyk export (like Coreldraw).
    If someone has a better idea please let me know.

That's all for now.
    PS. I hope they will give us another Beta. The last one is running out (i like XARAX ).

viking

viking@ctcinternet.cl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Folks,
    i would like to talk about Tiff export again. Many thanks to the people that soported my Poll from october 28. I wrote a mail to Xara about eps export problems and cmyk-tiff export and that´s what Mark told me:
    We will fix the EPS problems, but the CMYK TIFF may not be fixed quite so quickly.

Mark Goodall
    Xara Project Manager
    Xara Ltd
    But i think Eps-Export will loose a lot of the good futures of XaraX so i was looking for a way to come arround with the problem.
    Here is what y find out:

Export your work as tiff (with "show printer colors" in "off") in 300 DPI. You have to make some changes to the COLOR SETTINGS in Photoshop (5.5) PROFILE SETUP: everything in: "none" and "ignore" CMYK SETUP:/ICC activated/PROFILE:Adobe Illustrator default.
    /ENGINE:Built in./INTENT:Perceptual or other.
    Now import your Tiff-Image and convert to CMYK-Color. This comes quite near to the XaraX values. If you will make it even better select the
    IMAGE/ADJUST/CHANNELMIXER future and adjust each color apart, checking the % values in the INFO- Window. Save your settings for future use.
    My attachment cmyk_rgb.web file will make it easier for. Convert this file to Tiff and import it to Photoshop.
    There is another trick too!
    Export your artwork as .png file with alphachannel from a white background in XaraX (whole or separated) and put it all together in another program that supports Tiff-cmyk export (like Coreldraw).
    If someone has a better idea please let me know.

That's all for now.
    PS. I hope they will give us another Beta. The last one is running out (i like XARAX ).

viking

viking@ctcinternet.cl [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]