Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Alley

This is a rework of an old file of mine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alley_image3_copy.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	8832  

geez Stu, this looks like a few alley's downtown...now perhaps a couple of dogs playing poker, and maybe a kittie providing the entertainment... hehe

Stu, very impressive and real-life.
    Nikolai

Nah Gidge no kitties [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks Nikolai,I like to try and push how realistic I can make an image look at all time.I suppose I like a challenge [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

hahaha Stu... in that "Advert" post i deleted...

"Two words, the second one is 'off', guess what the first one is?"

Hahhaa... nice response man. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Great pic Stu, like the details.
    Can you maybe use some kind of dramatic lighting to enhance the ombience of the scene?

Just a thought. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And James... ya... down in Gastown i've seen some allies like that. hahaa [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

Thanks bud [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ya the lighting was a pain.I tried all sorts of combinations and stuff and I was having a hell of a job balancing it all together,so I thought I might wait for 8 to be released...I missed out on the earlybird release {Stu with big droopy lip}But with 8 you have include exclude lighting lists now,something other apps have had for sometime but anyway then I can exclude a light source for each object etc and I hope to be able to meke it look more real again,maybe a night time scene or something [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Ya that's what i was seeing too... night time... with some overhead spots... and maybe even some subtle light rain too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

"The lessons to be learned, are found along the path of your journey, not at your final destination. That is only where you will rest, between lessons"

Nice work, Stu.

I see a little bit of texture stretching in the foreground on the left (the cement texture) and on the barrel laying towards camera. Is this BodyPaint? I'm curious about the texturing. The lighting really doesn't do it justice, the shadows are harsh as if bright sunlight but the overall mood is dark. But, it's a tough subject. I did an alleyway that maybe I'll find time to post!

Minor crits though, as always, nice work.

Brett

Hi bud [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ya the barrels are painted in BP3d,or more accurately ripped in BP3d and exported to Photoshop and painted there more fully.Everything else is procedural mapping.The cement does look a bit crap,I think the texture is just a crap res{defualt tif}.I also dont like the lighting either.Havent been very well lately and am having a hell of a job integrating everything I have learned into a sceene as I keep on forgetting stuff...

Ya I would love to see your scene if you get some time [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.