Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi all,
    When exporting an Xara EPS, a small preview bitmap is exported as well. The problem is that the bitmap is so small that it is very had to get a clear idea of what the image looks like. I'd prefer the bitmap to be a bit bigger. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the size/resolution settings of the EPS preview bitmap?
    I realise this will increase the size of the file but for my purposes it would be worth it.

Thanks,
    Ric

Hi all,
    When exporting an Xara EPS, a small preview bitmap is exported as well. The problem is that the bitmap is so small that it is very had to get a clear idea of what the image looks like. I'd prefer the bitmap to be a bit bigger. Does anyone know if it is possible to change the size/resolution settings of the EPS preview bitmap?
    I realise this will increase the size of the file but for my purposes it would be worth it.

Thanks,
    Ric

AFAIK it's not possible to make Xara change the size of the preview, however you can change the preview with Ghost View / GhostScript.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

I use Ghost-view too. It proved a very useful program for Xarax eps files.

To add the preview, view the eps file at the resolution you want (not too excessive eg 75 dpi) then select the option to add the preview.
    You can select different formats for the preview, I use compressed Tiff.
    I found 75 dpi to be a good compromise for the preview.

Luciano

Thanks for the confirmation that it isn't possible within Xara. I use Ghostscript already, and have tried your suggestion of adding a new one there. Works a charm!
    Thanks,
    Ric