Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I downloaded some of the wonderful brushe strokes. However, when I go into a new page in XaraX1 I cannot see the new brushes that I downloaded from the icons. Unless I actually open a brush stroke from the folder that it downloaded to I can't see it. Can I have the option to see the new brush strokes when I bring up a new page or do I have to actually open up the brush stroke within the folder each time?

Thanks for help!!!!

Meia

I downloaded some of the wonderful brushe strokes. However, when I go into a new page in XaraX1 I cannot see the new brushes that I downloaded from the icons. Unless I actually open a brush stroke from the folder that it downloaded to I can't see it. Can I have the option to see the new brush strokes when I bring up a new page or do I have to actually open up the brush stroke within the folder each time?

Thanks for help!!!!

Meia

Meia Welcome

This is the help file explanation

To create new default brushes

1. Start a new document - more details.

2. Create the new brushes. You can either create them by drawing new objects or by modifying existing brushes.

3. For each brush, draw a line and apply the brush to the line. (Xara X does not save unused brushes - applying a brush to a line ensures it is used.)

4. When you have completed your brushes, save the document to the Brushes folder. To find this, locate the Xara X program (Xarax.exe). In the same folder as Xarax.exe is the Templates folder. Brushes is in the Templates folder.

Next time you load Xara X you will see your new default brushes. In the Line Gallery will be a new section with the name of the document. In the Freehand & Brush Tool your new brushes appear at the end of the brush list.

Tips

If, in the future, you want to add more brushes, you can edit this document in the regular way.

The Brushes folder already contains several documents, which contain the default brushes. You can also edit these documents to add or delete brushes.

Each document in the Brushes folder appears as a separate section in the Line Gallery.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host