Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, so my client asked me to put together a graphic for a webpage that was "Indiana Jones-ish".

I pulled a skull drawing off a dull human anatomy site and mixed it with a few jewels(poor imitations of the really nice looking ones posted by Gary Priester) and threw in a few gold coins. My client took a look at the results and liked the graphic but wanted me to add "a sense of adventure" to it.

The problem is that I have absolutely no idea what a "sense of adventure" looks like. Does anyone have any suggestions? I welcome any advice on how I can either improve the graphic as it is,
    or mix in this elusive "adventure" element. I posted the Xar file titled "WebBackGrounds" in case anyone wants to experiment with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Okay, so my client asked me to put together a graphic for a webpage that was "Indiana Jones-ish".

I pulled a skull drawing off a dull human anatomy site and mixed it with a few jewels(poor imitations of the really nice looking ones posted by Gary Priester) and threw in a few gold coins. My client took a look at the results and liked the graphic but wanted me to add "a sense of adventure" to it.

The problem is that I have absolutely no idea what a "sense of adventure" looks like. Does anyone have any suggestions? I welcome any advice on how I can either improve the graphic as it is,
    or mix in this elusive "adventure" element. I posted the Xar file titled "WebBackGrounds" in case anyone wants to experiment with it.

I tried to load the Xar file, but it was too big.
    Sorry.

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

In order to give a feeling of adventure you need something alive. How about adding a large spider or a snake coming out of the eye socket. You could suggest the presence of person discovering the skull by adding a burning candle.

What about a mysterious ancient map/scroll in the background and a compass too. Or even a coiled up whip - maybe too close to Indy though!

--
    Graeme
    Graeme

Thanks! Excellent thoughts on the adventure graphics stuff. I'll be trying them out on the webpage... I need as many as I can get.

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

what the graphic is missing is "mood". I can imagine those jewels would look great against a very dark background. Perhaps a background could be used to give the jewels & skull some context. Such context could be a cave-like space. Does the website have a white background? If so, that makes things a wee bit harder ...

I've attached a quick study to see how a cave-like setting might add some context.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	treasure2.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	16054  

The cave screams adventure! How'd you do the flames?

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

are an imported bitmap. I did say it was a quick study. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>