Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Please note that posting images (attachments) is once again unavailable.
    Antony is aware of this fact.
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'd recommend, as per the message at the top of the page, that you host your own images then link to them.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

So then negotiations have broken done bewteen xara and the hosts then... Any hope of getting attachments back any time soon?

Unlikely. We've run out of space again basically. So I turned them off, rather than have things broken.

I still want to move us to VBulletin, but not sure when that can/will happen.

As always though, I will post once I know something.

Antony

Is there any way for you to tell us which threads are the most demanding of space; we could then decide if any could be edited.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I don't know I'm afraid, Simon.

It's something I've considered, deleting threads. But I'm reluctant to do that when this acts as an archive of work over such a long period now. And we'd have to make some pretty deep cuts to bring the space down. Then the problem will just return soon after, as it always does.

That's why I favour waiting for VBulletin, because theen we don't need to lose anything and we'll last AGES on disk space.

Hi AntonyF,

Is there a launch date for VBulletin yet? Or are we still dreaming on that?

Nope. And you should know I work for a software company, we don't commit to dates. It avoids any potential disappointment.

However, I can say that the situation has improved a lot since I posted the above message earlier.

I'm quite busy right now, but suffice it to say the ball is back in my court now.

"Nope, there is no launch date for vBulletin", or "Nope, we are not still dreaming about vBulletin"?

Straight answers the first time round would mean you didn't have to answer a second time, which would mean you wouldn't have to be so busy right now :-)

No to both. There is no launch date, but no you're not dreaming about vBulletin.

I can't give you information I don't have. And I won't committ to dates. I know because another messageboard I am working on I am now about 2 months over the deadline I set myself.

It was out of my hands, now it's back in them... be happy with that.

The board is working at the moment, that's the main thing. It's not like no one can post.