Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: book ???!!

i am horribly new to all the graphic stuff, nevermind xara (and am having problems moving my brain from 'photo' based to the capabilities of xara but thats another story!)

i was just wondering, i dont suppose anyone knows, or indeed any of you guys out there have written, a book/manual for xara???

(i know the best way to learn is hands on but im getting lost at the stupidiest of things ie. the bevel tool, webxealot, when i join > arrange two circles, they both change to the same colour and i cant for the life of me figure out how to keep the colour of each circle seperate)

i am horribly new to all the graphic stuff, nevermind xara (and am having problems moving my brain from 'photo' based to the capabilities of xara but thats another story!)

i was just wondering, i dont suppose anyone knows, or indeed any of you guys out there have written, a book/manual for xara???

(i know the best way to learn is hands on but im getting lost at the stupidiest of things ie. the bevel tool, webxealot, when i join > arrange two circles, they both change to the same colour and i cant for the life of me figure out how to keep the colour of each circle seperate)

Welcome to the world of Xara, Mags.

Head on over to the XaraXone.

There you will find over five years of Xara tutorials, the WebXealot, a monthly newsletter, issues 16-28 (and continuing) are an on-line manual.

And of course, ask as many questions as you want here. You'll usually get an answer so fast it will make your head spin :-)

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

***when i join > arrange two circles, they both change to the same colour and i cant for the life of me figure out how to keep the colour of each circle seperate***

On this specific point I'm not quite sure what your trying to achieve. As you wish each circle to remain their own seperate colour, I can only guess that your trying to "group" them, rather that "Arrange / Join Shapes" which converts 2 or more shapes into one and "knocks-out" any overlapping parts of the shape, and because this new shape is now one single shape it can only therefore have one flat fill colour.

If you can explain a bit more what the end result your trying to achieve, I'm sure you will be overwhelmed with solutions.

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

i was trying to follow the bevel tool in the webxealot (how to creaate two linked bevel circles).. i was literally "arrange > join" the two circles to be linked whereas i think i have totally misunderstood as the "arrange > join" the two circles was to make one of the circles for linking and this step had to be repeated to make the other circle for linking, at least i think anyway. dont know if this makes sense or not but i have, at last, got it sussed and can now link two circles - yipee!! 1 down, xxxxx to go!!

Just stick with it mags, it's fun
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host