Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I'm being too late, but I like color scheme in 2. Gary, your well working color combinations always fascinated me. I was never good with this.

The jevelry cut-outs are also very beatiful and it must have been a real fun to move them around the designs.. I would like to see the final working site.

roman

I've checked out the NetObjects Fusion MX on their website, and will look into it more when I get the chance. Anything that speeds the design process will be very welcome!

I really like to do the graphics first, then do the HTML later, when I get a decision from the client about which graphic layout they like. My main problem has been taking too long to develop each layout, and your designs gave me some great ideas about how to solve that.

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

This might be too late but no. 8. It fits into my browser window, no scrolling. I can see exactly what she designs, the colour scheme and graphics are very subtle and give a very professional look and it also appears to load more quickly than some of the other designs. I like no 4.'s colour scheme but the page appears to be divided into three long 'strips' and this makes the intro difficult to read.

Thanks. And welcome to the Xara X conference.

It's great to have you here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

# 4 & 8, like so many others are my pics...nice selection.

Number four is my choice with number two in second. Funny I learn evn from your questions.
    John D

None of the above.

The client did not like any of the designs. I am returning the check for the first half of the assignment and have removed all the designs from my site.

Thank you one and all for your comments and support.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

... find the artist's site when it is up and running to see what kind of "miracle" was required... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!

is always difficult ... Even if the client works in a different medium they have their own "vision" of their work. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Mickie

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Unfortunate. In your initial contact did she communicate her aspirations, ideas, likes & dislikes regarding her website project? If she did, and you can agree with her that the proposed approaches failed to meet those objectives - then I can see the return of the cheque. If there was relatively little consultation and she agreed to your putting together a series of ideas for discussion & further development - then IMHO she should be returning that cheque to you and thanking you for your gesture of offering it back. I'm amazed that some people think they should get something for nothing. Even if she doesn't intend to proceed with any of the designs - she got something. Imagine if you commissioned her to make you a ring and she spent numerous hours sketching ideas for your consideration. If you then say you don't want to proceed I'm sure she'd think she was still intitled to some compensation. All the hours she would have put into your project could have been used on other paying projects.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>