Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can anyne help with a recommendation for a video card that work best with photoshop/illustrator/bryce etc.

I was thinking about the GEForce 3 but don't know if that is just a prime card for gaming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can anyne help with a recommendation for a video card that work best with photoshop/illustrator/bryce etc.

I was thinking about the GEForce 3 but don't know if that is just a prime card for gaming.

Any help would be appreciated.

Unless you want to spend more than 1000 bucks, the GeForce 3 is pretty much the best 3d accelerator on the market. Although it is a 'gaming card', it is actually the top choice for many 3d animators. The GeForce line of graphics cards have become the number one choice for LightWave users (LightWave is pretty much the most OpenGL intensive 3d app).

I'd highly recommend you take a look at Elsa's line of graphics cards. They specialize and gear their cards towards professional 3d applications. Just about every 3d animator and hobbyist that I've spoken with who's had an Elsa graphics cards have regarded Elsa's drivers as some of the most stable and reliable. Elsa's current GeForce 3 model is the Gladiac 920. I'm planning on picking one of them up very soon. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and naturally any GeForce 3 is going to be a decent 2d accelerator as well.