Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: plz help

I am a beginner, I have xarax, the free version. i suppose i am just completely dumb. for the life of me i cant figure out how to make the background on an image transparent

timc

I am a beginner, I have xarax, the free version. i suppose i am just completely dumb. for the life of me i cant figure out how to make the background on an image transparent

timc

Nice to have you on the forum

Use Transparency
    ANY object you create (including text and bitmaps) can be made transparent using the wide variety of transparency options available.
    This may be helpfulhere

The background ie your canvas, is transparent. It just isn't chequered as in photoshop. If you need a transparent bitmap for export from a vector drawing I have found .png's work pretty well.

Home sweet home:
    Http://www.squeakypics.co.uk
    http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/dc3/index.htm

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Your question is open to lots of interpretation. Could yo be more specific. An example of the image and what you are trying to do would be helpful in directing an answer to your specific needs. It, for instance, makes a huge difference if you are refering to a raster image (jpg, bmb, tiff, gif etc.) imported into Xara X, or something you've drawn in Xara X.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

If you go here Page 6 WebXealot 31 you will find an indepth discussion of transparent backgrounds.

However, I suspect you are trying to create a GIF image for a web page with a transparent background, yes?

Just select the objects you want visible and export with the transparency option (the wine glass icon) selected. Xara will use the screen color invisible.

If you are exporting a GIF image that will appear over a dark colored background or bitmap, place a dark rectangle behind the objects but do not select the dark rectangle.

This will only work with GIF or PNG images as only these support transparency.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone