Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just recently purchased Menu Maker and found out that the drop-down menu shows up behind the flash movie rather than in front.

Does any know a solution to this?

Thanks

I just recently purchased Menu Maker and found out that the drop-down menu shows up behind the flash movie rather than in front.

Does any know a solution to this?

Thanks

Hi,

I had the same problem with flash buttons, and after posting this question on newsgroups of macromedia (i'm using dreamweaver mx)i got different answers.

take a look at their forums.

I relocated my buttons, as this was the easiest solution for me.

Peter

I had the same problem with drop down menus covering a flash on my church's homepage. I moved the buttons out of the way at first, but later I just HAD to fix it. Well, I found the answer!!

Ok, this is what you need to do, add this parameter to the flash objects:

PARAM NAME=wmode VALUE=transparent
    (in brackets of course)

That's all there is to it

Check out my example at www.eastpointechurch.com

[This message was edited by fscnitro on October 02, 2003 at 07:58.]

fscnitro,

I use Mneu Maker from time to time and have a question in regards to the code to make flash objects transparent. I use swish to create flash files (not an owner of the flash program). Can this code be added to those files?

Thanks,
    Steve

Yep! I use swish also, and this works fine with flash files created by it.

(technically, you're just changing how the web page displays the flash object... so it doesn't matter where the flash file comes from)

Cool... thanks!

Steve

fscnitro,

Did you use flash to create the water effect on the east point church site ? Can this be done in swish? I would like to add a similar effect to a church site that I am designing.

Thanks,
    Steve

Actually, that's a video background I got from a background package for powerpoint. It's just a nice .mpg loop of water moving. I converted it to a flash movie for the front page of the site.

Now, the logo spanning the left side onto the flash... THAT was a pain! I made the graphic in XaraX (of course!) then split it in 2 parts, exported the right half to a transparent .png, overlaid it on the water video loop in a video editor, re-rendered it, converted it to flash. Then I made the left side (in XaraX again,heh) and lined the two halfs up the hard way, trial and error

I still think the people at my church think I just had to "push a button" to make it look like that, heh heh.

Ah well

Hmm...PowerPoint huh! Is the water mpg a standard file in PP? I would like to use it even if it takes a little extra work. Of course, I use swish which I hope would allow me to do something similar. If not then it really does matter, because flash is beyond my abilities at this point. Nice work though even by trial and error.

Thanks,
    Steve