Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I had fun playing with it my way. Between an alt rainbow fill, contour, bevel, and transparency, I finally came up with this. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Joan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swirl_circle.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	19  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Hey Joan You've got it! That looks great. And it's good to hear you had fun.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I haven't seen a stereogram for ages! I loved it. Took me a few moments, but when it came into focus it was great!

Great laugh! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Big Frank, that was Gary's stereogram BTW, and yes - I like 'em too.... errrr the stereograms [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I've tried to do a couple, just can't get it though.

Wayne

hmmm?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	this.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	19970  

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Ross,

basically there is no difference between 3D, 2D, vector etc for your design - it depends only on how a designer perceives his environment. All an excellent designer needs is a good eye and a fast, short communication line to the hand(s) that either draw his visions on a piece of paper with appropriate tools or illustrates them using a software.

And then he needs a goal, a rock solid concept and the know how, the concentration and stamina to push through.

I am convinced I could develop the knot with X as well - if I had the time. It would be lots of work because of the many shadows, highlights etc.

But after all - it's of no importance if you use application A or B or C - the result is what really counts.

Well, to be honest, X is the best 2D, vector and illustration tool that is currently available, because it is so intuitive, fast and precise. For this reason, I never used CorelDraw or Freehand again.

And believe it or not, I develop most of my shapes for CAD, product design etc in XARA, then export the files in *.ai formats to import them into my CAD/3D system for further modification and modeling.

XARA is just the best combination of a drawing pad with a pencil and the digital world, so why not give it a try with the knot in 2D? Give me some 48 hour days to get my job done, and I will do it in X as well :-) - or maybe I dust off my airbrush and give it a try with the traditional tools <big grin>

jens
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--