Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

for your support Joe & Crow. I hope everyone understands that the eyebulb is Gary's own creation. I lifted it for this purpose from his tutorial.

Bye the way if you stare at the bulb for several minutes you'll see a secret message from Gary. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Grant and RAMWolff for the compliment.
    I'm taking your suggestion RAMWolff concerning the years... I'll play with the file tonight.

Ross - I like the "eye-bulb" very much. OTOH, I'm not too fond of the grey background , but that's me.
    Anyway, great work !

Dan Fournier
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

.....more a splash / menu screen. I think Ross has hit the nail on the head with the eyeball.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cd_challenge.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	9141  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

On the subject of a splash screen: I had this link in my 'favorites'. The inexpensive software allows those who burn there own cd's to create their own user-friendly autostart splash screens. It could be a great way to build a menu for the cd - or as a front end to a pdf menu.

For those of you who burn your own music cd's it can be used to create an interface for them too. It seems like it is a perfect fit with xara to build the graphics.

It can also be used to make sure all users of the cd see the copyright notice or other important info that could otherwise be buried in files.

Regards, Ross

Regards

How about this one ?
    A combination...

Should the year end with 2001 or 2002? I've figured that since it's going to be a compilation, 2002 would be on a future CD, therefore It's not included on the design.

Dan Fournier

Name:	label2.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	3850  
    Explore the possibilities ! Blender 3D !

Hope it is not too late to worm in with my entry.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Name:	Gary's_CD_Cover.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	15009  

After all, who can argue with the author... (don't answer that [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ) besides the worms were born with XaraX.

Mickie

That's kind of what I had in mind Gary. Here's what I came up with on the same idea. Worms could be added if so chosen! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

BTW, Ross, someone had said they weren't too fond of the grey color. I was thinking it was supposed to be a metalic chrome-like ink which I think would look very cool and unique. What were your intentions?

Steve Newport

Name:	CDcovereye.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	12773  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

If you take all the text from Gary's and put it on Steve's latest Eye, that would be a very nice CD label!

Dale

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Gary's tutorial image I snagged had a grey background. I stuck with it. I like grey. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] If the powers that be decide a eyebulb is an appropriate cover then they can use whatever colour suits their taste. White would use less ink and still look good. I still like the eyebulb idea for its symbolism. Ultimately I think Gary should be the one deciding with input from Grant.

Gary - I like your wormy cd - all except for the lettering around the outside. I agree with having lettering there but I'm bugged by how it seems to be in front. Seems to me it really wants to recede to the back to empasize the three-dimensionality of the wormy eye. Maybe engraved lettering would work better??

Steve - Your big eyeball works much better than I thought it would. Looks pleasantly creepy! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross