Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi gang. Sure enjoy this site! I'm a newby, learning all I can about Xara X at an LVSonline class but I'm still stuck. Is it possible to save a custom brush so that when you go back into Xara it's actually still there? I have a file folder of downloaded brushes and while Xara is open, I can play with them all I want but saving them seems to do no good once I leave the program. I know it's probably something very simple that I'm not doing, right?
    Thanks!
    Diane

Hi gang. Sure enjoy this site! I'm a newby, learning all I can about Xara X at an LVSonline class but I'm still stuck. Is it possible to save a custom brush so that when you go back into Xara it's actually still there? I have a file folder of downloaded brushes and while Xara is open, I can play with them all I want but saving them seems to do no good once I leave the program. I know it's probably something very simple that I'm not doing, right?
    Thanks!
    Diane

Welcome to the Xara X Conference Diane. Good to have you here.

Custom brushes are saved with the file in which they were created. So, in order for the custom brush to be available, the file needs to be open.

Once open, however, the brush is available in any other Xara files.

So if you open mynewbrush.xar and then create two new pages, and open myotherimages.xar, the customm brushes will be avaialble in the Line Gallery in all those files.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.png

Hi Diane,

you could also save the file which contains your custom brush(es) inside C:/Program Files/Xara/Xara X/Templates/Brushes folder. Then they will auromatically appear at the first place(s) in the Brushes slider and inside a new folder (with the name of the file you saved) in the line Gallery.

Regards,

ivan