Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Image Map

Some natty new presentation for my yacht racing pages! Fed up of the same old rows/columms of thumbnails so I thought I'd try something different...

To see it in action as an image map, check out http://www.petestack.com/sailing/pro....html#crew2001. And, BTW, Xara's area shape="polygon" doesn't validate; it should be area shape="poly"!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

PS Now to make the coordinates of the circular logo work as a proper circle. (Xara's image map export seems to be useful for reducing the donkey work, but too limited in its options.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crewforum.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	8113  

Some natty new presentation for my yacht racing pages! Fed up of the same old rows/columms of thumbnails so I thought I'd try something different...

To see it in action as an image map, check out http://www.petestack.com/sailing/pro....html#crew2001. And, BTW, Xara's area shape="polygon" doesn't validate; it should be area shape="poly"!

Peter</p>

PS Now to make the coordinates of the circular logo work as a proper circle. (Xara's image map export seems to be useful for reducing the donkey work, but too limited in its options.)

Fixed the circle, which now works better and uses far fewer coordinates. But why couldn't Xara have done it for me? Surely it would have been as easy to make it export the proper code (the same goes for the lack of alt text) as the half-baked alternative it offers?

Peter</p>