Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Can't remember how I came across this link, but they thousands of public domain photos in low and high resolutions - NOAA Photo Library

Nice search feature, great photos, love the historical stuff. Here is a very small sampling of images from the archive.

Dave Zubrowski

Xara FAQ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noaa.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	5857  
    Dave Zubrowski

Great resourse David.

Thanks. I just added a bookmark to it.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

for bringing this "hook" to some great pictures. Our family of four spent the summers of 1994 and 1998 on the Chesapeake after transiting the ICW (Intra-Coastal Waterway) from the Florida Keys. The "Bay" is an awesome American treasure. Writers, over the years, have said that if this natural resource were in Europe, you would have to pay much to travel it's length and to have it for free is a great national treat.

Our family spent five years living and traveling on our 41 ft ketch-rigged sailboat, along the East Coast and the Bahamas.

Thanks Again for kindling these memories - including our stays in the fantastic Baltimore Inner Harbor (for free)....

Wayne D
    Arizona.....brrrr!
    it's 27 degrees (feels like 19) and sunny!

Wayne,

The bay is great! I just wish more people would appreciate it more and help keep it clean.

I just spent a couple of hours browsing several of the catalogs and can't believe what a beautiful world we live in.

Anytime you can get away at staying near the harbor for free is great. I have to pay $13 to park when I go to our corporate headquarters [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Dave Zubrowski

Xara FAQ
    Dave Zubrowski

The WWII submarine Torsk (attraction in the Baltimore Inner Harbor next to the BIG aquarium) has a dock for the water taxi and the "cruisers" would tie up their dinghies between the sub and the dock. When we anchored in the harbor in Baltimore on weekends, the rental boats would swarm around us like waterbugs. It was fun to talk with the people and answer their many questions about boating - especially the young children with their eyes wide open in amazement.

Thanks Again David

Wayne D