Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I received the following from WebSite Pros, the company that purchased NetObjects Fusion (the product that I use to create the Xara Xone and all my websites). They are offering 25% off which I think is is pretty good deal. You might check around and see if any of the retailers are selling it for less. The quote is NetObject's copy and not mine.

Gary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you're ready for the leading edge in Web development, then check out the coolest
    tool at an even cooler price and find out
    what unbeatable really means.

You get pixel-accurate design, WYSIWYG
    page layouts, global editing capabilities,
    a custom digital Photo Gallery builder . . .

And to sweeten the deal even more, you
    get a free domain name (.com, .net, or .org) or 3 months of free hosting with a prepaid hosting contract, a free Hits Counter, and
    a free technical support call.

So set your sites on this limited-time offer! Purchase your copy of NetObjects Fusion 7
    between now and January 10, 2003, and find out why users are raving about the legendary authoring tool from Website Pros.

Use promotional code 25F2002 when
    you order NetObjects Fusion 7 at 25% off!
    Call 1-800-GET-SITE or send a message to sales@websitepros.com for hosting details!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

I received the following from WebSite Pros, the company that purchased NetObjects Fusion (the product that I use to create the Xara Xone and all my websites). They are offering 25% off which I think is is pretty good deal. You might check around and see if any of the retailers are selling it for less. The quote is NetObject's copy and not mine.

Gary

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you're ready for the leading edge in Web development, then check out the coolest
    tool at an even cooler price and find out
    what unbeatable really means.

You get pixel-accurate design, WYSIWYG
    page layouts, global editing capabilities,
    a custom digital Photo Gallery builder . . .

And to sweeten the deal even more, you
    get a free domain name (.com, .net, or .org) or 3 months of free hosting with a prepaid hosting contract, a free Hits Counter, and
    a free technical support call.

So set your sites on this limited-time offer! Purchase your copy of NetObjects Fusion 7
    between now and January 10, 2003, and find out why users are raving about the legendary authoring tool from Website Pros.

Use promotional code 25F2002 when
    you order NetObjects Fusion 7 at 25% off!
    Call 1-800-GET-SITE or send a message to sales@websitepros.com for hosting details!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Sorry, Gary, but I wouldn't touch it if I was given it!

See Dan Tobias on the 'Tables from Hell':

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Often, the user didn't even really want or need such precise control; quite frequently, he just wanted to center something, so he dragged it roughly into the middle of the page, causing NOF to generate code-from-hell to put it precisely 452 pixels to the right of the left margin, where the user happened to drag it. Never mind that the user really just wanted to center it, and that precise pixel position is actually a little bit off-center and looks worse than it would have if placed using a simple, clean <CENTER> tag.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://webtips.dan.info/wysiwyg.html

http://www.epinions.com/cmd-review-4...39528275-prod5

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

You tried it and did not like it, or because of the review?

Pete

You can center a table using the center tags if that is what you want. NOF is pretty flexible that way. It also uses a shim, an expandable 1 pixel invisible square to fill in the spaces, same as Xara X does when you create a button bar.

For ease of use NOF is hard to beat. Especially when compared DreamWeaver. Creating rollover buttons is a snap, including drop down menus with flyout menus.

But I am not trying to sell you on the product, I am just passing along what I think is a good deal on a good product.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

I never tried NOF. ?
    I just use homesite a text editor. Works very well for me.
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/homesite/
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

but I also use NOF because of the so easy sitewide controls available. Were I into datadriven sites, then I would have to learn other stuff as well but relatively simple sites are really dead easy. One of the things I like, and always look for in software new to myself, is the userforum, which is great for NOF (like XaraX). In the UK, I recommend www.redleaf.co.uk as the vendor because they have been so incredibly helpful.

Jon
    Jon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary W. Priester:
    You tried it and did not like it, or because of the review?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    No I haven't tried it because I know I wouldn't like it (not just because of *that* review but because I'm a hardcore keep-total-control-of-my-own-code man). But, while I understand that you and Jon (amongst others) like it a lot, I thought that the heavily table-based approach was worth highlighting (in the interests of balance) for those who might be put off by it. It's just information, and what we choose to do with it is up to us.

Thank goodness for a diverse world! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?

PS I will *never, ever, ever* use invisible graphics to format HTML! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

However, knowing how NOF works, if you are careful when you layout your page, you can cut down on a lot of the complex tables by concentrating on making elements in an area the same width and such. It call for a bit more control than thinking but then so does hard coding HTML.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

I used to work with Netobjects Fusion in the past, in fact I used from v.1 to v.4 until I tested v.5 --which really sux--. Now I use Dreamweaver MX because more than often I need to tweak things on the code. I think Fusion is very good for people that do not like or have time to work with HTML code directly. I really rocks and feel like a DTP program.

The only "issue" --which tends to grow or shrink depending on what point of view do you use-- is that the generated code is indeed very BIG and complex. Hand coding with it will take you a week to get things done, partially. Fusion is not for code-lovers, pages are composed on a very odd way and inside the program you can't change too much of the html.

Other "small" problem is that it doesn't keep htmls pages separately as they should be --as in Dreamweaver or GoLive-- They all resides on a .nof file which from time to time tends to get corrupt... yes, you loose all the work. For making things a bit better, Fusion let you save backup files --like Corel's timed backup-- which is great.

Anyway Fusion is good, for designers and people --we designers are not people [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] hehehehe-- who hate to work the code.

Aram

http://www.lithium-design.com