Hi everyone,
I've had Xara for around a year or so now and it's the best program I've ever come across.
However, I'm still climbing SLOWLY UP the learning curve and would really appreciate a hand up.
I use Xara for creating advertising promos, brochures and that sort of stuff. Small graphic design business at home.

I recently wanted to create a DL size brochure printed on both sides. (3 up on an A4 page). To divide the page equally (landscape orientation) I drew a straight line on the very left edge of the page, cloned the line to the far right of the page, then did a 2 step blend to divide the page equally into 3. Now, as my brochure is double sided and I have to hand trim them I need the divide to be very accurate to centre the elements on each side. After making sure my first straight lines were EXACTLY on the edge of each side and making the blend, when I zoomed in after blending, lo and behold Xara made some decisions for me and MOVED my original lines in from the edges! I figure it must be something to do with the way Xara calculates the math, but this completely throws my work out. Does anybody have any brilliant ideas for me please?
Second question:
I have been making a direction map for a flyer and copied the relevant location map from UBD on the web. I blotted out all the text info. (wanting to do my own) and tried to trace the lines for streets and roads. I must be dumb, I cant get an accurate trace on anything I try. Can someone please give me a bit of help and advice on trace settings please.

One other quick qestion while I'm at it. Can I have multiple pages in one file?
Much appreciated.
June.