Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks was going to maybe do a bit more work on it and then post there.

This does seem to be a bug. I thought the square in wireframe was the problem, but I removed it and the problem is still there. It means I can't reduce and export the rose! The final step is to cut and paste the individual elements into a new page.

I have e-mailed Xara and Mark Goodall qiickly responded they will investigate (obviously the could not commit to any time scales at this time).

Turan

Hi Turan

I downloaded your xar file and picked apart your drawing to see if I could find out anything. Hope you don't mind.

Anyway what I found out is that the problem is with the top leaf. If you look at the file and ungroup the main group remove the top leaf and try to resize it should be okay.

I ungrouped this leaf and in the top black shading which is another group is 20 bevelled lines with feathering, (not counting the main rib line) these lines have a line width set to none and are invisible compared to the shading with the lower leaf which I believe if memory serves me correct have a line width of 1.53

I think it is this group that is causing some sort of short circuit in Xara, maybe because they are lines with line width set to none then bevelled or something... not sure.

Perhaps a workaround would be to copy exactly the settings for the shading of the bottom leaf onto the top leaf.

Hope this fixes the problem.

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I posted this some time ago and emailed Mark the file, but never got a response as to what the problem was. Hope they fix it in the next release.Scaling Error