Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

For those who need very special fonts like language specific ones or with a particular theme, this is THE resource. Not an archive but the fantastic work of one of my belgian compatriots: Luc Devroye, emigrated in Montréal, QC, CANADA:

Luc's page

Myriads of fonderies links carefully classified:

Luc's fonts links

But also for those who want to learn more about fonts, their history in some different countries like mine (Yes I am proud to say that's Christophe Plantin's country!) etc.:

Belgian font scene

But be careful; one may spent a lot of time inside this fabulous world of fonts !

Enjoy!

ivan

For those who need very special fonts like language specific ones or with a particular theme, this is THE resource. Not an archive but the fantastic work of one of my belgian compatriots: Luc Devroye, emigrated in Montréal, QC, CANADA:

Luc's page

Myriads of fonderies links carefully classified:

Luc's fonts links

But also for those who want to learn more about fonts, their history in some different countries like mine (Yes I am proud to say that's Christophe Plantin's country!) etc.:

Belgian font scene

But be careful; one may spent a lot of time inside this fabulous world of fonts !

Enjoy!

ivan

has obsessed on fonts, eh? Ivan.

That really is an impressive site.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I like them too very much and I recently ordered a nice program called FontLab. I tested the demo for some weeks and it is very well synchronized with Xara : when you export in .AI or .EPS from Xara X and re-import your drawing in FontLab the below left angle of Xara's page correspond to the origin point of one character (and thus the object you have drawn in Xara keeps its original place while importing), and you have the choice of non resizing your drawing while importing! At the beginning I had a lot of pleasure with a very simple and lightweight german program called Type Designer. After that I was very deceived by the well known Fontographer (it was included at one time in Macromedia Freehand Graphics Studio and I have created my font "BOTAROSA" with it) which creates quality fonts but is not intuitive.

My dream is that a program like Xara X could use and convert to shapes true stroke fonts like Adobe Type3. There is room for stroke fonts. Bitstream has created an extremely lightweight stroke fonts system for oriental languages (chinese and japanese). Why not for other languages ? That should be a great improvement for creativity !
    Remember this post and imagine what could be possible with true stroke fonts:

Text effects with brushes

Friendly,
    ivan

I've been using Font Lab with Xara X (and Corel Xara) for some time now and I find they work extremely well together. I won't be upgrading to FL v.4 - I can't justify the cost as I'm an amateur and won't be making Open Type. Looks like you qualify for the upgrade from Fontographer though!

Anyone interested in quality freeware fonts- many of them made in Font Lab, take a look atthe Lab

Jess

Thanks for your experimented comments Jessica!

FL4 is my first version of this program and at the moment I cannot install properly the full program to upgrade the demo. We have made several tests with FontLab's support but nothing seems to work. I hope this annoying problem will be solved with the CD ...! My tests with Xara X and the demo were terrific.

Did you have any experience with that kind of problems ?

Friendly,
    ivan