Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I was wondering, is there a way to do that tutorial with preset fonts? I really want to use one of xara's fonts but i dont know if i can use it with this technique because in the tutorial we were drawing our own letters. the only thing i can think of that may work is one of the options from the arange menue like convert line to shape but i dont have a good concept on these tools to be able to understand if that would work....

I was wondering, is there a way to do that tutorial with preset fonts? I really want to use one of xara's fonts but i dont know if i can use it with this technique because in the tutorial we were drawing our own letters. the only thing i can think of that may work is one of the options from the arange menue like convert line to shape but i dont have a good concept on these tools to be able to understand if that would work....

Hi Nicole,

Gary made a great tutorial on Gel Text. It was the Guest Tutorial for April 2001. It seems someone (who shall remain nameless) was a little late completeting the first guest tutorial. Gary filled in with his usual excellent work.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

i will try this out. thank you for the link [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

try my favorite font, Valken. It's on the Xara X CD in the Sans Serif - Single Varient folder. It is perfect for the Gel effect.

You can use either the tutorial technique or the technique at the end of the tutorial.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<A HREF="http://www.gwpriester.com" TARGET=_blank>
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valken.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	2770