Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bold Fonts

Hi folks,

Long time no talk to you folks!

Quick question requiring a 'quick and dirty' answer. I need to put some Greek symbols on a diagram I'm drawing in XaraX and they need to be bold. The Truetype 'Symbol' font which comes with Windows doesn't have a bold face, so clicking the B on the text infobar has no effect on the text.

Anyone got any easy solutions please?

Thanks,
    Phil

Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this sort of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.
    Trust the computer industry to shorten 'Year 2000' to 'Y2K'. It was this sort of thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Hi folks,

Long time no talk to you folks!

Quick question requiring a 'quick and dirty' answer. I need to put some Greek symbols on a diagram I'm drawing in XaraX and they need to be bold. The Truetype 'Symbol' font which comes with Windows doesn't have a bold face, so clicking the B on the text infobar has no effect on the text.

Anyone got any easy solutions please?

Thanks,
    Phil

Adding an outline to the font. Fonts don't normally have an outline. 1 or 2 point line would make quite a difference.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

The most effective way for get it!

Xander
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	contour_tool_helps.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	1142  

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xander11:
    The most effective way for get it!

Xander<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks folks.

Phil