Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: 1.1d version

The 1.1d is the latest version - the recent b, c and d version contain very minor changes that will not affect the majority of users. The changes are;
    1.1b - we fixed the TIFF export that was broken on the (a) version
    1.1c - slight change to way the movie player integrates with future XPE versions
    1.1d - slightly altered start screen for trial versions
    - a fix to the on screen separations view of blends
    - a fix to copy / paste of XPE edited bitmaps from Xara X into other apps
    - if you switch off web colours on the colour line this is now remembered

So this does not contain a fix for Richard's start-up problems. To my knowledge this is not something anyone else has reported or we've been able to reproduce and so we must assume it's something specific to his computer / configuration. A re-install of Xara X is probably the best thing to try. Customer support is advising.

For those that want to update to this version a patch is available for download from http://xara.com/downloads/xarax/

The 1.1d is the latest version - the recent b, c and d version contain very minor changes that will not affect the majority of users. The changes are;
    1.1b - we fixed the TIFF export that was broken on the (a) version
    1.1c - slight change to way the movie player integrates with future XPE versions
    - if you switch off web colours on the colour line this is now remembered

So this does not contain a fix for Richard's start-up problems. To my knowledge this is not something anyone else has reported or we've been able to reproduce and so we must assume it's something specific to his computer / configuration. A re-install of Xara X is probably the best thing to try. Customer support is advising.

For those that want to update to this version a patch is available for download from http://xara.com/downloads/xarax/

Charles,

I'm a bit confused.

I am currently running X1-1b. Installed from the CD and later did the 1b update.

From within XaraX1 I just ran Help > Update and it says I am running the latest version of XaraX1. Shouldn't it say that 1d is available?

When I choose the link posted above it took me to a Xara page. There I found 3 links and each one downloads a different exe.
    1. x1patch1-1d.exe
    or
    2. x1patch1-1c.exe
    or
    3. XaraX1DL.exe

So for those of us who installed from the CD which is the correct .exe for 1d?

For those who did not install from the CD but via a Web downlaod, which is the correct .exe for 1d?

One other thing.

I have both XaraX and XaraX1 installed. I notice both of their the application titles (shown in the top-left of the window) read, "XaraX".

Shouldn't XaraX1 read, "XaraX1" ?

Yes sorry someone screwed up here and didn't update that page correctly. You want the x1patch1_1d.exe download which is the one on the link that says 'Download now by HTTP' (although personally I can't imagine that most people even care about techno-gibberish about HTTP. I'll get it changed to be plain English.)

I can't see any link to the XaraX1DL.exe on that page - that's the 15-day trial version anyway, so you don't want that.

The 'update' feature of the program hasn't been triggered yet. We'll do that later. This is a very minor update and so we may not even trigger the update mechanism. Most users won't need this 1.1d update.

My results. And my XX1.b CD version is installed and running fine. So this SNAFU is disagreeable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XX1d_error.png 
Views:	602 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	16514  
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Charles Moir:
    - if you switch off web colours on the colour line this is now remembered <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for such a fast response on fixing blends bug!!!
    Also for web colors! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    John.

Hi Charles,

Yes, Bhavesh was in touch with me and so I did a reinstall and then installed the latest and greatest patch and all is well with Xarar X 1.1d! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Thanks for the newest fixes! http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---