Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hi Egg - when you tried this out, did you need to have the frames all editable as well for the coloured background to stay coloured? Although I had 'edit all frames' selected too at first (I was trying everything at this point!), I subsequently found that it worked okay with just the 'all visible' option. Although on a separate note, why this should work is anybody's guess. Perhaps for some reason Xara thinks that the background (ie the page) is actually some sort of hidden layer (hence the layer error message?), which as layers are not used in animations causes problems?

I didn't need to redo ctrl+drag the colour back onto the page background, when I clicked on 'all frames visible' the colour returned in a box around the animated part and then after scrolling up and down it returned to the whole page.

Just curious as I wondered if it was working differently on your system.

I also found that it doesn't really matter about the 'all frames visible' to actually export the gif as antialiased against the background colour. As long as I had 'optimised palette per frame' selected in animation colour properties it still exports colour antialiased gifs even though the background has gone white. But it is nice to actually see the background anyway and also to be able to change it's colour without those odd error messages.

Regards

Su
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

What worked for me was to select "All Frames Visible" and choose the option in the tab - Animation Colors: "Optimized palette per frame."

Thanks so much! Works like a charm! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

I can confirm that it's not necessary to have the editable tag selected.
    This particular bug has been present since the beta version of XaraX and Xara never seems to have addressed it. I suspect it's to do with the absence of a "background" layer in the animation frame as opposed to the presence of one in normal Xarax mode.
    I see your a late bird too.
    I haven't tried the optimised pallette workaround, but there are so many variables it get's my head spinning.
    Regards
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You must have been posting your reply whilst I was posting mine.
    Glad to hear it works for you. Now if only Xara could get around to giving us a patch !!!!
    Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

... to hear it works for you Dale.

Been playing around with this conundrum for a while now, since I saw your signature stuff in the Test Forum. Although at first I discovered that the 'all visible' option worked to get the background back, it was frustrating as the text was still not antialiasing properly on export! So it didn't seem particularly useful except to change background colour. I was getting a lot of other weird things happening like 'internal program error 310.z' ... whatever that is, so there are possibly other bugs as well?

I also had a problem with using a hidden frame as a background. Unless I used the 'optimised colour per frame' setting, objects in the background frame often went odd colours. And the antialiasing seemed to give up altogether!

Egg - thanks for your feedback, yes let's hope there is going to be a patch worked out for this.

Regards

Su

[This message was edited by Su Lawrence on June 27, 2002 at 22:22.]
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

I also tried using a hidden frame, with no luck.
    (And almost everything else I could think of!) The workaround is something only someone who had tried all the variables would know, because it does not seem sensible.

"Optimized palette per frame" doesn't seem like it would have anything to do with fringe pixels.

This procedure should be included in the Xara X Online Manual under "Animation," and also in the tips and tricks section.

Thanks again Su and Egg!

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll