Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Went to have a look see and the browser keeps displaying that "the page cannot be displayed" error message!!

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

http://www.imira.com/Album/photo.asp...0810&ImgType=0
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

Galloping Squirrel Ranch, Bend, Oregon, USA

Here is the correct address.
    web page

I goofed it can't have www. in it. I fixed my sig.

http://fasolt.mtcc.com/~mom/xsquirrel.gif

My Stuff

What you and Gary are refering to is the major bug in XaraX that I mentioned earlier. XaraX allows you to set the background colour in an animation, but very shortly after annoying defaults to a white background. If you try to return it to the original colour that you set you get a warning message saying something like "this layers locked etc" and you can't do anything about it. You can work around it but it's a pig. As proof I attach an transparent animated gif set to a blue background. You will see that the fringe is definetly blue, not white, so it can be done, but this bug is my biggest gripe with XaraX at present.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ani3.gif 
Views:	429 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	9669  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for all the work and discovering the work-around for the sig---never doubted ya!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=3001938225
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

You are exactly right, and that was the problem I was running into.

I would love to know how you did that animation in Xara alone!

I tried everything, to no avail.

Judi, love your butterfly! Now that is an animation that fits right into the background color.

Maya, you are welcome. It was great fun! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Weird bug there, had a quick go and you can get the coloured background back from the default white by setting the animation to 'all frames visable' in the frames gallery, then scrolling up and down the page a bit to remove the white.

If you then set animation properties for colours to optimised palette per frame the antialiasing is restored to normal for the coloured background. Although this has the problem of making the animation larger than it would be for say global optimised palette. I have attached a sample to show that the gif is antialiased to a cyan coloured background.

Lets hope Xara Ltd have a look at this bug.

Regards

Su
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life." - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

One of the problems is that of the disappearing background. Once it's disappeared you can't retrieve it by Ctrl-dragging from the colour bar as you get the message attached below. A workaround as Sue states is to set all layers visible and editable. You can then Cntrl-drag the background colour into the window.
    Another helpful thing I've found is if you've previewed the image in a browser, it places bitmaps in the bitmap gallery. If you delete these, save the file and close it, then reopen it you should have be able to save the animated gif with the transparent background intact.
    Sorry I can't find a better workaround than this.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ani8.gif 
Views:	351 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	1695  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'll attach the xar file to see if you can get it to work. I recommend that you keep all layers visible and editable when exporting the animation.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1101906325 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Eye Site Web Design
    Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

..you might find it helps to close XaraX completely and reopen it.
    Egg
    Egg