Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I sent an e-mail about this to XaraX support no reply back yet. Here is what happened. Everything has been going just fine for a couple months. I download other programs frequently. Many are trials. So 2 days ago XaraX would not load. Says it was looking for plugins. So I thought no problem, I deleted the software. Then reinstalled from CD. That did no good when it when to load, it said it was looking for plugins. I have a WinXP machine and almost everything works fine on it. I wonder why I should have a problem now? Wide open for suggestions and solutions from others who may have had similar problems. Too me the customer, all software should be bullet proof. Thanks George Troy

I sent an e-mail about this to XaraX support no reply back yet. Here is what happened. Everything has been going just fine for a couple months. I download other programs frequently. Many are trials. So 2 days ago XaraX would not load. Says it was looking for plugins. So I thought no problem, I deleted the software. Then reinstalled from CD. That did no good when it when to load, it said it was looking for plugins. I have a WinXP machine and almost everything works fine on it. I wonder why I should have a problem now? Wide open for suggestions and solutions from others who may have had similar problems. Too me the customer, all software should be bullet proof. Thanks George Troy

Did you just delete the files or did you go to the Control Panel and Uninstall Xara.

It makes a big difference because Xara writes some files to the system Registry which do not get deleted. There also settings written to various .ini files.

So you need to Uninstall Xara in the Control Panel using Add and Remove Software.

And, I belive the Xara disc needs to be in your CD drive because (if I remember correctly) the Uninstall program is on the CD.

Many application overwrite certain existing .dll files with their own versions which are not always backwards compatible with earlier versions.

Let us know if this helps.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Hello Gary,
    Yes I tried all the things you mentioned no luck. It loads about 20%of the plugins and freezes on this: The procedure entry point Deintialze PIExpress Dialogs could not be located in the dyamic link library Plugin.dll and also PIzNote alert. I must have corrupted something when I was downloading other software. Thanks George

Hi George,

Have you run scan disk? If one or more plug-ins has gotten corrupted, it may cause the problem.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

What happens if you delete the plug-ins, or move them to another folder where Xara cannot find them?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

I got XaraX back. Thanks to no help from Xara Support. When I sent an e-mail several days ago I expected a reply. I got Zilch!. Thanks to you people here, at least you answered my cry of help. I ended up from the control panel removing about 3 times. I also deleted several trial programs which may have contributed to the plugs in not loading when it looked for same. My CD did not work, same problem. So I just reinstalled the orginal Xara and then downloaded the trial version, it took my CD # from it. I now have version 1.0c DL2 dated Mar. 13, 2001. Maybe they will have an update soon which is more compatible with Winxp7.

Thanks for your help fellow forum members.

Don't be too hard on Xara. They are a small company trying to make the best products they can. Xara sponsors these conferences and makes them available for free for Xara users and users of other products as well.

And we the members of the Xara community are only too happy to help in any way we can.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone