Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Just found the user gallery on the about.com GraphicsSoft site. There is some very nice/interesting stuff there, but nowhere do I see Xara mentioned by any of their users. (I looked at about 15 profiles.) Should we invade with a little Xara art just to give them a clue that there is a faster/easier/more fun to use tool?

User Gallery:
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/librar...lucgallery.htm

Just found the user gallery on the about.com GraphicsSoft site. There is some very nice/interesting stuff there, but nowhere do I see Xara mentioned by any of their users. (I looked at about 15 profiles.) Should we invade with a little Xara art just to give them a clue that there is a faster/easier/more fun to use tool?

User Gallery:
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/librar...lucgallery.htm

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Sue who is the creator of that part of about.com has info relating to xara. You can find it here. I haven't looked recently but she had some nice things to say about my DesignStop.Com - I like Sue!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Thanks for the link Ross. It saved me looking for it. (Don't like the DoubleClick junk, though. Hate popups.)

Yes, I had seen her info page before and it has all the right resources listed, but I was looking to see if any of their user group is using X to do anything. From the 15 or so profiles I looked through, I didn't see anything made with it, or see it mentioned in the tools part of the profiles. Does look like they are pretty diverse in tools they are using though, from standard pixel pushers to 3D stuff. Quite a few using PaintShop Pro, I was happy to see. But, as with most sw tools, the "whatever you learned first is your favorite app" rule is apparent. (No, I'm not going back to ACAD. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] ) I may poke around some more and see if any of them are using X.

...read the fine print also, before submitting anything (you are pretty much giving them the right to use your image/idea as they see fit):

I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to About.com. About.com and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise --- use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media --- I agree to indemnify About.com for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material. For more information, please see our user agreement. Published content may be edited for spelling and/or clarity.

It looks like highway robbery to me! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]

Risto

diri@videotron.ca

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Risto - thanks for highlighting that concern about about.com

Interestingly, it got me looking to see if there were any such legal stuff hidden here at talkgraphics.com and I couldn't find any at all. I find that a little surprising - I'd have thought there would be something. Maybe there was some sort of message incorporated in the registration process but I don't remember. I'm starting to think maybe I should start adding copyright circles on my images??

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Thanks for the warning, Risto. I had not dug that deep yet, but I was gonna look.

Risto,
    Thanks for that keen observation! Creativity is the most valuable thing most graphic artists have for sale. That being stolen or taken without compensation leaves one feeling like his money bay has a hole in it!
    Ken Broome
    www.coyotehillenterprises.com