Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kiwi - I bought Cinema4d ... the Go version which was 199$ US (I wont mention the fact that I got stuck with an $80 Canadian additional charge at my door when delivered ...... but that's due to surprize tax and brokerage fee). Anyway, the full version (XL)is quite costly at $1,695.00 US. Go is pretty good but has some limits. One of the biggest being it's limit on rendering size which is roughly 780 x 600 (something like that). Choose a larger rendering size and it kindly states that you can't choose larger with the Go version. Anyway, I don't really use it much but it's great for making images or animations intended for computer screens (not print).

David King
    www.dkingdesign.com

Hi David.

I was going to buy Cinema Go as well,but they have since released a new product called Cinema 4D ART which is more for print and publishing.It has almost all of the goodies that XL 6 has but I dont think the animation side remains,but the good thing is that it is about 600 US as opposed to 1600 as you wrote above for Cinema XL 6.I have ordered the ART version and also Bodypaint 3D as a bundle saving about 600 dollars NZ at my end.

Sounds like your dollar might be in a similar shape to ours David

Stu

Really, they have another product (still way to much for my budget at $600US but always nice to download new demos and try ). I knew about bodypaint and it looked good. But I'm not that much into 3D and it was probably a mistake to buy GO as I haven't used it a lot. Well you never know though maybe some time.

Upon checking the 4d art info I read "16,000 x 16,000 pixels to create prints over 4 feet square at 300 dpi". This is much more useful than Go's limit of basically 800x600 pixels. So if you don't need animation at all, C4D ART is the best route I guess.

Yeah our dollar is like $1.5 US so it makes it hard buying stuff (software) from places not local. Also when I bought Go I got stuck with that tax and brokerage fee.

David King
    www.dkingdesign.com

Here's one of the few animations I've made with GO
    http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/Cell_east.gif
    which I made for my brother's company

That is a neat gif David.

Ya I am not a rich man either,but I decided if I bought ART then at least I would get a really good deal on Bodypaint and if I wanted to upgrade to XL 7 then I would qualify for upgrade pricing.Actually GO would qualify you for upgrade to ART,but I dont think ART has the animation goodies that XL 6 or 7 has.

Cheers.

Stu.