<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> IIRC all individual Windows applications are limited to 2GB, although you'll need an NT-based Windows (2000, XP) to even reach that limit. If you exceed, or more likely come close to, that limit then Poser will become unstable. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interesting info, I didn't know this. But now it makes sense why all hughe database applications are run on Linux systems (MySQL, Oracle etc).

However - being a 'bug' or 'feature' - I don't use Poser anymore, because it just stopped executing after presenting the message 'not enough memory'. I sold the package thru ebay to avoid more grey hairs ;-}, but not just because of the bug: character modeling is not my purpose. So **if** a project would require that I will have to use Poser again, I'd either go out and grab a new copy or ask one of you guys to do the stuff for me! (Which will save me a lot of time for a new learning curve and hassle ;-} ).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> A question: is it really true that risc processors are better? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That depends on what you want to do, your goals, your OS, your apps. Basically risc systems are much faster because they run with a reduced instruction set. A good example are the SUN machines. If you want to invest into this area, be prepared for a hefty price tag on the applications...

jens

jens g.r. benthien
designer
http://www.sacalobra.de

----------//--
If you don't know how to dream you'll never be a designer.
----------//--