Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hey guys,
    I am working on my software website [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] and i was wordering how to make a rollover button ?i look for tuts and found NONE ! plz help

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Ross Allen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

If u where me what would me do ? just a thought............
    Well, I know that i won't...

hey guys,
    I am working on my software website [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] and i was wordering how to make a rollover button ?i look for tuts and found NONE ! plz help

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] Ross Allen [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

If u where me what would me do ? just a thought............

I just worked out how to do this myself a few days ago. Used the interactive help system. Screen shots below...

Regards,

phantom medic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	227.9 KB 
ID:	10639  

recently just worked out how to do them that is.

My site has buttons and java all from Xara and you can see it all come together at:

my site

Just be aware that although the java runs ok etc, it will not pass the W3C HTML validator due to minor irregularities.

Alan
    Alan

You might take a look at this

XaraXone WebXealot Button Bar Tutorial

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    Be it ever so humble...</a>

http://www.thuntek.net/gwp/flag.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If u where me what would me do ? just a thought............<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd think first, Ross! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

BTW, Jack, you could have exported your 228K 800x600 JPEG screenshot as a 16 colour PNG at as little as 64K (optimised) or 54K (browser) and it would have looked better too!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

All right ! i have giving up ! it is way to hard to make a roolover that when it does rollover it chages to the color i want it to be !

What Would Chairs look like if our legs bent the other way ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

here is the pic of the finshed Interface (cause i am too dumb to maek a rollover) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

What Would Chairs look like if our legs bent the other way ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hrererrerererer.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	2085  

Don't give up so easily. Like all things, XaraX's roll-overs are a learning curve. The tool works, you have seen examples of them, but you have to learn to use a tool. Just owning a pencil doesn't automatically mean that you can draw, you have to have skill which takes hours of practice. Start with the CD Rom tutorials, visit Gary's execellent tutorials, set yourself a goal and don't give up until you've achieved it.
    Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ross, do Egg's Tut, I did. I was only then that I could get my rollovers to work. As a bonus, it was an egg-cellent primer for layer work.

Delta

PS - Thanks Egg