Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

i want some hands on training :>

i want some hands on training :>

Maya oooh,hmmmm I am not familiar enough with maya sorry,but I would suggest Amazon.com and check out the testomonials people have written for each Maya book [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Yes, Stu, I don't think that one can give a better advice. The fact is; 50 testimonials on Amazon count more than the single opinion of one user IMHO

Cheerychums, have you tried the tutorials that come WITH Maya, Instant Maya and Instant Maya Unlimited? They're really quite detailed and easy to follow, and you can learn a great deal about the program just by doing them.

Maya's manuals are quite extensive as well, but there's a LOT of reading there!

Danny Huff
    http://www.asherrocks.com
    (I'm the guy who USED to have a lot of excess hair)

I've just started reading Maya 4 Fundamentals and it seems to have appropriate space devoted to each aspect of version 4. Yeah, yeah, 4.5 is out now, but my publisher (from whom I got a free copy of the book...no influence here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] sez that a definitive 4.5 book will not be out for several months.

New Riders Publishing, FWIW, and I don't make a penny by promoting books by my my publisher other than Inside Photoshop 7.

Best Regards,
    Gary David Bouton
    Resuming Moderatorhood

I've just started reading Maya 4 Fundamentals and it seems to have appropriate space devoted to each aspect of version 4 (modeling, rendering, particle systems, animation, and so on). Yeah, yeah, 4.5 is out now, but my publisher (from whom I got a free copy of the book...no influence here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] sez that a definitive 4.5 book will not be out for several months.

New Riders Publishing, FWIW, and I don't make a penny by promoting books by my my publisher other than Inside Photoshop 7.

Best Regards,
    Gary David Bouton
    Resuming Moderatorhood

Welcome back bud,really good to have ya back [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.

Great to see ya back, Gary.
    This place has been a bit slow lately.

Brett