Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have a paid version of Webstyle 4 and have made a navbar with eight buttons when I save the entire file in my folder I see the button and the html, etc but cannot find the original jpg or gif (tried saving in both) file showing the image. It was the Lampost style that I choosed. The only file pertaining to it was a button jsscript 4kb file. Why isn't is saved as the jpg or gif file. I have the button_1 and button_1 over, etc files and html files but cannot understand what I am doing wrong that I cannot save the image I created and save showing the lampost with the eight buttons. I do not have Frontpage or Dreamweaver and using Golive 5.0 and inserting my headers, backgrounds, etc into it. I am using Windows XP and IE 6. Your help will be greatly appreciated. I have tried all the faq's and manual etc but to no avail.

Thanks

Bill Sharkey

Thanks

Bill

I have a paid version of Webstyle 4 and have made a navbar with eight buttons when I save the entire file in my folder I see the button and the html, etc but cannot find the original jpg or gif (tried saving in both) file showing the image. It was the Lampost style that I choosed. The only file pertaining to it was a button jsscript 4kb file. Why isn't is saved as the jpg or gif file. I have the button_1 and button_1 over, etc files and html files but cannot understand what I am doing wrong that I cannot save the image I created and save showing the lampost with the eight buttons. I do not have Frontpage or Dreamweaver and using Golive 5.0 and inserting my headers, backgrounds, etc into it. I am using Windows XP and IE 6. Your help will be greatly appreciated. I have tried all the faq's and manual etc but to no avail.

Thanks

Bill Sharkey

Thanks

Bill

I have had this problem too.
    When you save your Xara Navbars, there are a few files being saved.Assume you save your navigation bars as a file called NavBars
    A Xaramenu file is automatically saved to the top directory.
    You will also have a NavBars file (this is JavaScript), and a series of gif or jpg files (these are the actual buttons that make up the NavBar).
    You will be given the choice where to save these files make sure you tell Xara where to save the graphics files (i.e. the gif and jpg).
    If you don't it tend to put them in an obscure temp folder.
    Hence you don't upload the temp folder because you tend not to know which one contains the Xara graphic files. And you get no navbars on your active web site.

If I can be of any further assistance please come back to me.

Brian
    Angel View Graphics

HI Brian thanks for the reply. I have so many files I don't where to start. I made a navbar the one shaped like a lampost and made 8 buttons and saved the whole thing in a folder. I now how 8 html files, 8 gif files and saved 8 as jpeg files, one bottom and one top (post) files and one button jscript file. My problem is I haven't a clue how to insert them into my
    homepage. I am using GoLive 5.0. I have inserted a logo and navigation buttons into it so far but at a loss how to place these in my homepage. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bill

Im currently downloading the trial of go live to see if i can help

Try viewing the faq on inserting a navbar into notepad as this should provide you with some rough guidance.

Webstyle Support

Enter the word insert in the keyword field and then submit the form and click on the question regarding notepad.

You will also need to see whether the navbar is referencing the .gif files or the .jpg files.

open windows explorer and navigate to the folder in which the files are saved

view the files in details mode and order them by date. The graphic files created most recently will be the set which is being referenced by the javascript files</p>

If the .gif files have been created most recently then delete the .jpg files and visa versa

i hope this helps, ill post again when ive got go-live</p>

saw this post which will probably help</p>

<a href="http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=98519178&f=8631901886&m=58019751 96">menu maker forum<a/> </p>