Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

At Dales suggestion, which I think is wonderful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Personally, I would like to see a "Save" feature added to the program. PhotoPaint has it so it will save a file, pre-determined or set by the user. So I could use my own determined time of every 10 minutes or allow XaraX to save the file at a pre-determined time of every 30 minutes.

Say I start a new file and I am working with fills and brushes. A few of us have discovered that using the brushes, or certain ones, will result in a sudden crash of the program taking all the work with it. So having the "Save" feature added to the program is a "insurance protection", so if there is an unexpected crash the file will have been backed up.

Also if the program becomes unstable then a warning would pop up allowing you to save to the current place that you are at, then let the program shut down and then restart it. Maybe even have the program have a default of if it crashes it will give you the opportunity to save the file and then it will shut itself down then restart itself and re-open the last file that was worked on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, my other BIG complaint is the brushes issue. I can't even create a new brush much less use many of them with out getting a crash.

That's it. I'm happy other wise [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

At Dales suggestion, which I think is wonderful [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Personally, I would like to see a "Save" feature added to the program. PhotoPaint has it so it will save a file, pre-determined or set by the user. So I could use my own determined time of every 10 minutes or allow XaraX to save the file at a pre-determined time of every 30 minutes.

Say I start a new file and I am working with fills and brushes. A few of us have discovered that using the brushes, or certain ones, will result in a sudden crash of the program taking all the work with it. So having the "Save" feature added to the program is a "insurance protection", so if there is an unexpected crash the file will have been backed up.

Also if the program becomes unstable then a warning would pop up allowing you to save to the current place that you are at, then let the program shut down and then restart it. Maybe even have the program have a default of if it crashes it will give you the opportunity to save the file and then it will shut itself down then restart itself and re-open the last file that was worked on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Also, my other BIG complaint is the brushes issue. I can't even create a new brush much less use many of them with out getting a crash.

That's it. I'm happy other wise [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

1. I want correct CMYK support when converting vector objects in bitmap... something like maximum black generation separation (but for all colors) will be fine I think...
    2. When I give C100 M75 Y10 K40 and convert to bitmap I want the bitmap copy to have the same colors..... and If I want to export this bitmap to other application this colors must be the same with this that are assigned...
    3.I think that the eyedropper from color palete must work in the colorsystem that I preffer from options... If I check the CMYK, eyedropper must show me selected colors in CMYK... not screen RGB....
    4. I think that is good idea to stole some litle tings from Corel... like find and replase... or issues in print preview...

and 5. For my and yours sorry, who care from Xara, what we want? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com

... and a makeover of the xara interface and logo splash etc. the xara buttons icons splash are ugly. if i wasn't so lasy i would have already changed it. the cursors are ugly too.

illustrator and photoshop were given nice makeovers.

i don't think of a multimedia glass button stylo thing. just good design. the pencil icon looks like shareware taken from a predesigned programmer's library.

sorry for the harsh words. but i love xara.
    and my beloved is not well dressed at the moment.

cu

FLySOLO

Hi,

Just have a look here, this XML based SVG code generates an animated scalable clock - provided that you goto for instance www.adobe.com/svg and get a SVG plug-in (just as you some time ago needed a Flash plug-in!):

<svg>
    <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="80" style="fill:white;stroke:black"/>
    <text x="130" y="46" style="font-size:15">1</text>
    <text x="154" y="71" style="font-size:15">2</text>
    <text x="165" y="106" style="font-size:15">3</text>
    <text x="155" y="140" style="font-size:15">4</text>
    <text x="130" y="166" style="font-size:15">5</text>
    <text x="96" y="175" style="font-size:15">6</text>
    <text x="62" y="166" style="font-size:15">7</text>
    <text x="37" y="140" style="font-size:15">8</text>
    <text x="27" y="106" style="font-size:15">9</text>
    <text x="34" y="71" style="font-size:15">10</text>
    <text x="58" y="46" style="font-size:15">11</text>
    <text x="92" y="37" style="font-size:15">12</text>
    <g transform="translate[100 100)">
    <g id="hours">
    <text x="0" y="y" transform="rotate[270)">Xara</text>
    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="rotate" dur="43200s" values="0;360" repeatCount="indefinite"/>
    </g>
    <g id="minutes">
    <text x="0" y="y" transform="rotate[270)">Xara needs</text>
    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="rotate" dur="3600s" values="0;360" repeatCount="indefinite"/>
    </g>
    <g id="seconds">
    <text x="0" y="y" transform="rotate[270)" font-size="7pt">Xara needs SVG</text>
    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="rotate" dur="60s" values="0;360" repeatCount="indefinite"/>
    </g>
    </g>
    <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="3" style="fill:black;stroke:black"/>
    </svg>

The result you can see here:

Cheers,

Sten
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

The source code:
    <svg>
    <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="80" style="fill:white;stroke:black"/>
    <text x="130" y="46" style="font-size:15">1</text>
    <text x="154" y="71" style="font-size:15">2</text>
    <text x="165" y="106" style="font-size:15">3</text>
    <text x="155" y="140" style="font-size:15">4</text>
    <text x="130" y="166" style="font-size:15">5</text>
    <text x="96" y="175" style="font-size:15">6</text>
    <text x="62" y="166" style="font-size:15">7</text>
    <text x="37" y="140" style="font-size:15">8</text>
    <text x="27" y="106" style="font-size:15">9</text>
    <text x="34" y="71" style="font-size:15">10</text>
    <text x="58" y="46" style="font-size:15">11</text>
    <text x="92" y="37" style="font-size:15">12</text>
    <g transform="translate(100 100)">
    <g id="hours">
    <text x="0" y="y" transform="rotate(270)">Xara</text>
    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="rotate" dur="43200s" values="0;360" repeatCount="indefinite"/>
    </g>
    <g id="minutes">
    <text x="0" y="y" transform="rotate(270)">Xara needs</text>
    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="rotate" dur="3600s" values="0;360" repeatCount="indefinite"/>
    </g>
    <g id="seconds">
    <text x="0" y="y" transform="rotate(270)" font-size="7pt">Xara needs SVG</text>
    <animateTransform attributeName="transform" type="rotate" dur="60s" values="0;360" repeatCount="indefinite"/>
    </g>
    </g>
    <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="3" style="fill:black;stroke:black"/>
    </svg>

Cheers,

Sten
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers,

Sten
    "Everything has two sides"

Save feature, exp. in case of crashes.
    Full support for CMYK including conversion from vector to bitmap.
    SVG export and maybe import.

The other suggestions are fluff, remember that we are aiming to ask XaraX for IMPORTANT fixes and improvements. Leave the other wish list stuff out of the equation if you can [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Thank you [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

but these are a couple features I'd like to see added.

1. A repeat function
    2. The ability to have multi-sided molds (or moulds, on the wrong side of the water)
    3. On object docker similar to Corel's (I don't want to have to name every object in order to get this functionality)
    4. Integration with Xara3D4

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

I already started a thread to list the features/fixes we would most like to see in a new version of Xara X, and it had been up for a few days before this thread started.

Please see the "Xara X Improvements" thread for more ideas.

I'd sure like to see these two threads combined, so we could have all the information in one thread. I'd be willing to have my thread inserted into this one.

Gary?

My big 3 were:

1) better handling of layers, in a more organized manner, listing objects on their respective layers, and perhaps drag & drop moving of objects from one layer to another

2) better export with improved quality, especially full support of CMYK, plus better gif export, with more dithering choices, and all around better integration with other programs, such as exporting files that actually correctly load into the programs they are designed for.

3) debugged program, so that brushes, blending, etc., would not crash the program constantly.

RamWolff:
    What may be your "fluff" may be very important to someone else, and your important stuff may be "fluff" to someone else.

Wait until the information is all in, and then we can determine what were the most important suggestions FOR EVERYONE. Certain aspects/shortcomings of the program should show up more often than others.

http://www.eyesitewebdesign.com/dale.gif

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

[This message was edited by Dale Landry on May 20, 2002 at 10:57.]