Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Ok, I've come across yet another problem! I downloaded Gary's crackled fill to Winzip and then extracted it to a folder I named Xara Fills. I then opened Xara X and opened the fills gallery and clicked on disc fills and browsed to the Xara Fills folder and there's nothing in it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

However, when I open the folder seperately, there's the crackled fill.xar file looking back at me. What gives? Am I missing some simple step along the way? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I think we need to have a special section here, we could call it "Jack's got another problem", and everyone could just check it from time to time and see where I need help? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Jack

Ok, I've come across yet another problem! I downloaded Gary's crackled fill to Winzip and then extracted it to a folder I named Xara Fills. I then opened Xara X and opened the fills gallery and clicked on disc fills and browsed to the Xara Fills folder and there's nothing in it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

However, when I open the folder seperately, there's the crackled fill.xar file looking back at me. What gives? Am I missing some simple step along the way? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I think we need to have a special section here, we could call it "Jack's got another problem", and everyone could just check it from time to time and see where I need help? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Jack

I created the fills in a Xara XAR file and at the moment they are still ungrouped objects which you can resize (if you wish) and then convert to a bitmap which you can then use as a bitmap fill.

By making the XAR file available, you can see how the fills are created and modify them to make your own fills.

Make sense?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

Thanks Gary!

Jack

And you are welcome as well.

Gary

Gary Priester