Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well, we finally figured out how to make Publisher print out our logo correctly. Actually my wife figured it out. (Yesterday was our 7 year anniversary, by the way.)

Here's how she did it.

She opened the bitmap file in Microsoft Word, selected it and did a copy.

She then did a paste into Microsoft Publisher 2000. She was able to resize it and it printed fine.

For some reason you can't import the picture directly into Publisher without losing the quality of your image.

Tricky huh?

Also, Wayne from Canada helped me a tremendous amount on my logo. Thanks Wayne!!

Copying the bitmap uses a special format so that probably explains why it works when other method don't.
    Emails to support@xara.com can get backed up, waiting for replies at busy times. Support look after several other things such as our hardware. The recent SirCam virus has meant a lot of work checking that our security system was up to scratch. All this at peak vacation time here in the UK!
    Mick

OH USA - Home to Cedar Point (Roller Coster King)

Robert,

I'm really glad to hear you got your situation resolved. It may seem stupid, but if it works why knock it!

Push yourself to notice the extraordinary in the ordinary.

Irene M. Kraus
    www.design-comp.com
    aka The Computer Lady!
    Web Development & Video Tutorials - Design Works Internet https://www.facebook.com/Design-Works-Internet

Robert,

I don’t want to beat a horse that may already have expired, however, I inserted a 300dpi tiff file in an appropriately sized picture frame box in MS Publisher 2000 and printed it on my Epson Stylus at 1440dpi. It came out just fine. Normally I use QuarkXpress for layout but happened to have Publisher since it came with Office so it gave me a chance to compare the two.

As Mick suggested some programs ignore resolution and Publisher is one of them. If the image inserted in Publisher is not restricted by the picture frame box size it will size itself at 96ppi. To verify this I checked the scale of the image I inserted in the box (Format/Scale) and the dialogue box came up showing 32%; what you would expect for a 300ppi image resolution image when 100% to Publisher is 96ppi. So if you export a 2x2 inch image from Xara X (or any other image generating program for that matter) and you want to maintain a certain resolution, put it in a 2x2 inch picture frame in Publisher.

After this experience I have a new respect for Quark, it maintains size and resolution of the images I import regardless of the size picture frame I draw.

Hope this helps.