Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After today's revelations--and amusements--I'll post this (I know the corvidophiles won't be disappointed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]) I used some of Ross's wire tutorial and some of Sean Sedwards emboss filter work for the background (thanks Sean!)...the quote I think is very appropriate at the moment [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . There be a wolf among us in sheep's clothing...
    ---As The Crow Sees!---
    Maya
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigif.JPG 
Views:	287 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	17638  
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

After today's revelations--and amusements--I'll post this (I know the corvidophiles won't be disappointed [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]) I used some of Ross's wire tutorial and some of Sean Sedwards emboss filter work for the background (thanks Sean!)...the quote I think is very appropriate at the moment [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] . There be a wolf among us in sheep's clothing...
    ---As The Crow Sees!---
    Maya
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover."
    -Mark Twain

Maya, it is very true that if some of the two legged were to become winged that very few would be clever enough to be crows.

During the year I lived as my ancestors I was honoured to have seen the local crow council on several occasions. The elder would sit on the highest branch of a long dead tree and the others would sit on the lower branches. Each in turn would fly to a branch just below the elder and say their piece, then return to their original branch. Humans can very rarely be so organised.

I like your drawing very much. The embossed feathers are great.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Lovely execution, but you've lost me with the bit about the wolf ...

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

Thanks for viewing this!
    Soquili--I wish I had witnessed the "crow council"--we could learn a great deal from such observations! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'd love to learn what your ancestors think of the crow...the NW coastal tribes lore may be quite different from those of the desert SW and NE regions.

Britta--I guess you could say that I made some "discoveries" today about a "multiple Ross"
    issue that had been going on prior to my arrival...you probably are "in the know", I was certainly not. I won't say more because I don't want to say something that might hurt someone. The reference about "wolf in sheep's clothing" is simply to say that the individual discussed in the disputed posts has pulled the wool pretty effectively over lots of eyes, and still does. Someone who is highly intelligent, extremely frank, and very bored with things here and elsewhere. He's very creative...and has strong opinions, but he may think people don't really want to hear the truth...it may be that he's used the forums to vent a bit and laugh at others, it may be that he's having some tough times too...
    I don't mean to be cryptic--I think you probably know the posts of which I'm speaking. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Thanks for your comment too!
    ---As The Crow Flies!---
    Maya
    -Mark Twain

I guess I best grow some fast feathers and zip over to the Xara X forum and see if young Ross is back.

Is that what you are referring to?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

XaraXone

As I don't wear Sheeps Clothing and RAMWolff probably don't as well, it can and will be R.A., masked as GF1984 ..

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore"

Wolfgang

No, I'm certainly not referring to either you, Wolfgang, or RAMwolff, or any others with wolfish names here [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] Wolfgang you know what I'm talking about [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]...Gary by now does too. I would think it's best to just ignore or forget what he's done before...just focus on the creative side. Let him make amends if he wishes. Just my feeling... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    -Mark Twain

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Crow Haven:
    Britta--I guess you could say that I made some "discoveries" today about a "multiple Ross"
    issue that had been going on prior to my arrival...you probably are "in the know",<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I wasn't - which explains my bafflement [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] - that must've been before I joined this forum. I'm a very recent arrival, too.
    Anyway, seems like every good forum must have one of these pesky characters to plague them ... I nipped over to the PSP forum and had a quick gander at a couple of pics from aforementioned character, but failed to see anything special (maybe I missed the magnum opus [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]). I used to work quite a bit in PSP a few years ago, so I think I'm fairly conversant with what you can do in that excellent programme; and I didn't see anything that a beginner couldn't churn out fairly easily in half an hour or so.

Regards,
    Britta
    Regards,
    Britta

Maya, the crow is a messenger. Some people I know say they can actually call rain, I think they only announce its coming. In the Tsalagi (Cherokee) language they are called Koga. In the language of the Ojibwa they are called Andag.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update