Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: xara

playing around with corelRave to produce this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XRARX.gif 
Views:	243 
Size:	240.5 KB 
ID:	8382  

playing around with corelRave to produce this

AjIsCoool

Fun animation. Here's a tip. If you have Flash, import the SWF movie into Flash and save it. It will be about 1/2 the file size that is was in RAVE.

Flash uses symbols, your dots for example, and so instead of describing each dot individually, Flash says OK we have 137 dots, and each one is basically like this one.

RAVE is pretty cool and a has better tools for creating Flash movies. I understand the next version will be even better.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...

Neat movie AJ

I haven't seen Rave's tools or UI yet, (probably never will too)

Gary said:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> import the SWF movie into Flash and save it. It will be about 1/2 the file size that is was in RAVE <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rave doesn't use the "symbol" concept? Does Rave export this way ( ie: unecessarily large file sizes compared to flash) on a regular basis?

I'd personally love to see future versions of Xara X make use of exporting vector in a similar way as they do their animated gifs strictly for swf export. Symbols can be established on the first frame or when and as needed. Then imported right into flash, frame by frame and/or onto layers.

My 2 cents, Wayne [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Wayne

Yes. I have spoken to the product design team at Corel and they are working on this for the next release of the DRAW suite.

RAVE really is a versatile tool and has most of DRAW's tools and special effects (we know where they got those from, don't we?). Compared to Flash's limited drawing and effects tools, RAVE is pretty terrific.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Early So Humble...