Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a saying, "I honor diversity but refuse to be politically correct". Having experienced the ravages of war, lost an eye, was blind for 8 years in the other one, survived cancer, and think that Monty Python and Firesign Theater are seldom wrong, the politically correctness of a statement, opinion or topic title has as much effect on me rain on a duck. Take a deep breath and move on, life is to short.

TANSTAAFL
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

I would have to agree. Sometimes the reasons for posting to the gallery are with the intent of getting positive feedback. This then becomes a mindset and you are disappointed when it doesn't turn out that way. The automatic response for most people is to lash back out without considering what was said or how it was intended. Let's juct all have open minds about everything and I'm sure we'll be the best forums out there! Have a good day [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

No matter who you are or what you post, someone, somewhere will disagree with you and think you're a total idiot. It's a consequence/advantage of having a thinking brain. Someone's is probably objecting to this very post thinking:
    1) Man what's this guy been smoking something
    2) How useless, this post is taking up bandwidth and server space
    3) How can this post possible help solve world hunger
    4) etc
    creativesuperhero.ca

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Regarding political correctness I've notice some forum participants raise flags that another's post might be politically incorrect. They may not personally be offended but feel it necessary to raise the flag in case someone else is. I think we are all big enough to express for ourselves if we are offended without others needing to do it for us. If nobody is offended is there a problem? Political correctness is probably much like questions of 'decency' - best left to the community to determine the boundries. In this forum we are a community and IMHO we can have our own standards. Those standards need not reflect the standards of any other community.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

I may have been guilty of this. That is, saying that someones post was not quite correct. I did not mean to cause trouble. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    I don't think that anyone here posts anything with the intention of offending someone else. We all have our political incorrectness. I have to agree with the other comments here on political correctness. No one is perfect. We should all be more tolerant. I would much rather come to the forums and enjoy it rather than having some flame war going on.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire