Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

The some page at http://www.carrefour.com/english/homepage/index.jsp has a motion tween of a color grahic, but only the center section of it becomes color as it moves across under the mask layer. Really neat! But how do they specify only the mask layer to be color?

Jungle Jim
    flash@carvin.net

The some page at http://www.carrefour.com/english/homepage/index.jsp has a motion tween of a color grahic, but only the center section of it becomes color as it moves across under the mask layer. Really neat! But how do they specify only the mask layer to be color?

Jungle Jim
    flash@carvin.net

Java script by the looks of it.

If you click "View then Source" you can can see that it is done by java script. Do not know how it is done. You could download the page and have a look at it from your web editor you can learn a lot that way of how designers have constructed that page.

However you will not see the full picture or most of the java script.
    Design is thinking made visual.

You can make it a scripted object that follows the mouse, the top layer would be the black and white with a mask, and the next would be color, they would both follow the mouse at the same speed, and appear to be the same image.

Next you could use the same idea and just make the button play the same movie clip, one with a back and white filter, the other without.

-Anthony

If It Ain't Harsh... It Ain't True
    Mmm... Graphics, www.4mstudios.com

OH USA - Home to Cedar Point (Roller Coster King)

The page itself is a Java Server Page (see JSP at end of index.jsp), but the portion you are talking about is a Flash component. Nicely done!
    aka The Computer Lady!
    Web Development & Video Tutorials - Design Works Internet https://www.facebook.com/Design-Works-Internet

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IKraus:
    The page itself is a Java Server Page (see JSP at end of index.jsp), but the portion you are talking about is a Flash component. Nicely done! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. Do you know the name of that component (where to get)?

OH USA - Home to Cedar Point (Roller Coster King)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Do you know the name of that component (where to get)? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean the Flash component? I imagine it was created by the designer of the page. While I haven't done anything exactly like that, I imagine it was constructed something like this:

A series of images are created that all have the same height. (Not sure about width, as some of them look to be different.) In any case, those are setup to loop in a series like a film strip in the background. The forground holds the window which defines the focus of what you see of that filmstrip. When you move the cursor over to one side of that window or the other, the direction of the scroll changes accordingly. So, the only active listeners you've got in there are those that watch for mouse position while in the window.

Sorry if my jargon is confusing, as I just finished up 2 courses in Java, so my mindset is more on that on Flash at this point. I still think that particular effect was done in Flash and not Java, but I didn't get into reverse engineering the exact code.

I suppose you can do something similar in a Java Applet too. Even after these classes, I'm still just a beginner at these things you know. Think I know enough at this point to avoid stumbling blindly around in the dark!
    aka The Computer Lady!
    Web Development & Video Tutorials - Design Works Internet https://www.facebook.com/Design-Works-Internet